Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    falkmk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Proper etiquette for second weddings
    What is the proper etiquette when the marriage is the second for the groom in reqards to bridal showers and such
    Tootruetooblue Posts: 61, Reputation: 17

Jun 13, 2007, 09:43 AM
    I don't know that there is a formal set of rules, but certainly it doesn't impact the bride wearing a bridal gown or anything relative to the ceremony. I think the only area of potential sensitivity is with the gifts. I would suggest that only very close relatives on his side of the family be invited to the showers - host them on the brides side (more common anyway).

Don't mention gifts (poor taste anyway) and please don't use those gift card enclosures in your invitation. You need to make a clear impression that you want people to be there for their company, not for a costly gift. Not mentioning gifts is the only way to really accomplish that properly.

You can still register. People will ask where you are registered, so you don't have to advertise. It will get around by word of mouth.

You might want to offset the expenses for groomsmen if the same men are standing up as in the second wedding. Perhaps the groom can cover all the tuxedo rentals, for example. Or ask different guys - family last time? Ask friends this time around, for example.
    ronjdye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by falkmk
    What is the proper etiquette when the marriage is the second for the groom in reqards to bridal showers and such
    Wedding toasts
    lacuran8626 Posts: 270, Reputation: 57

Oct 26, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Not much difference except that you should be sensitive about the expenses you create for your friends and family on the groom's side. You might want to ask different guys to stand up for you, or if they've done it for the first wedding, offer to pay for the tuxedo rental or something of that kind. And I think it's kind of tacky to do the whole bachelor party thing... after a man's been married already, that's pretty immature (not that it isn't really immature and tacky for a first wedding!)

As for the bride, she should have her showers and white dress and her big day if she wants it. Nobody should take offense to that, certainly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cruise weddings [ 5 Answers ]

My hunny and I are thinking about getting married while on a cruise. My family has never been anywhere outside the US aside from Canada, and my parents are getting up in years. I want them to experience the Caribbean and a cruise. The only way to get the family together on one is to plan something...

Two weddings on the same day [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been invited to two weddings for the same date and time. One is for our next door neighbor's daughter, who used to babysit for us. The other invitation is for our other next door neighbor's daughter, who went to school with our sons. The weddings are for the same day, one at...

Courthouse weddings [ 4 Answers ]

We are getting married on November 3 at the court house by the Justice of the Peace. Both been married before don't want to spend money on wedding. How do you make this day special and something to remember? What do you wear? Not sure how to make plans. Someone please help.

Two weddings same day [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have two weddings on the same day. I have a friend from high school whom I see only when a very close mutual friend of both of ours comes in from California. I was married 5 years ago and I asked my friend who is getting married to sing in our wedding ceremony. My husband and I also...

Proper etiquette [ 3 Answers ]

One of my closest friends is getting married and I am in the wedding party. Things are getting quite pricey between dress, shoes, bridal shower, bachlorette party, not to mention the cost of the hotel room for the weekend. The reception is at a very nice place and unfortunately that nice place...

View more questions Search