Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

Jun 11, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Bleeding.what is it from?
    My lab pup sleeps with my boyfriend and I at noight. Today I was changing the shets on our bed and I noticed that in the spot where the dog sleeps there were little speckles of what looked like dried blood? What could this be from? Should I be worried? Help... :confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 11, 2007, 04:02 PM
    You didn't say how old your puppy is, but maybe 'she' is coming in season and that is what the blood is from. Just guessing. I don't even know if it's a 'she'.

I have never experienced having a female dog past her first season, because I always have them fixed by then.

My Taffy has always slept with me, but her being 60 lbs. and continually shedding put a stop to that ! She is not hard done by though, far from it.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Maybe it is from flea bites' does she/he have fleas? Look your dog over over for tiny sores or knots. :)
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2007, 07:42 PM
    bushg is on the right track. Check the base of his tail and see if you see the same specks. If you do, he has fleas even if you haven't seen any. The specks at the base of the tail is a very good indicator. The visually impaired are taught to feel for them on their dog guides. You can feel the grit. He should be getting old enough for his first visit to the vet. In addition to shots, dogs need something to protect them from heartworm and fleas. This is my fourth summer using Revolution which does both. I think it is OK for 6 week olds.

Currently there is a good discussion on flea remedies going on at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/bio-spot-97903.html I think about as close to a consensus as on anything here is that you should have your dog on one of the modern flea medicines, the best of which come from the vet. If you go OTC, read the labels very carefully on using it for young puppies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding... [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, this may be a weird question, but I'm kind of worried. Since last night, when I poop, I bleed. I'm bleeding from my rectum, and today it was so bad that there were drops of blood in the toilet. I don't bleed during the day, it only bleeds when I poop. I thought it was my period at first, but...

Bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am new here and hope you could help, I am trying for a baby, I had my period (of a 28-30 day cycle)on July 31 so I used clearplan to determine my ovulation which happened on the 13- 14, been having sex day in day out since the beginig of this month. On August 18 I had bright red spotting...

Why am I bleeding? [ 2 Answers ]

For 3 months now I have been spotting on and off. Usually a pantiliner is all I need to use. The bleeding seems to be getting worse though (bleeding everyday now and heavier) with cramping and back pain everyday for the last week. I was seen by a doctor a month ago and all seems fine--no cyst,...

Bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

Im bleeding.. and im pregnant.. i have not been to the doctor yet?? I was on the shot.. :confused:

What Is The Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My husband and I have been trying to get P for 6 months now my last cycle started on 17/04/05 o was on 30/04/05 we had intercourse around that day and that day next cycle was due 15/05/05 on 09/05/05 I was discharging a light red muck like mucus this occurred for 6 days on and off nothing big...

View more questions Search