Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayvinny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 03:14 PM
    Bio father ran away step dad wants it all
    :mad: OK well 7 yrs ago I had a wonderful little boy well long story short bio-dad said see you sense then its just been my son and I then 1 1/2 I got married to this wonderful man that has taken on the daddy role and I couldn't ask for a better father for my son, now my hubby wants to make him his and I can't find the bio-father I still talk to his mom and she don't care about her son so she can't give me any help on where to find him so how can my hubby take full custody of my son if we can't get bio to sign paper work??
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Hello jay:

There are legal ways in which notification is made. Lawyers know how to do this. If you don't know how, I'd hire one.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2007, 06:01 AM
    You NEED an attorney to file for adoption. The atty will tell you how to file the notifications needed to clear the way for the adoption.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2007, 06:10 AM
    If money were an issue I would go to or call family court in your area, they should be more than happy to answer some of your questions, to get you started on the right path, and you may not even need a lawyer. 3 cheers to your hubby for being a loving man. Good luck
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Yes an attoreny will help in this case. Most states allow public notice, meaning posted in your local paper, notice of adoption and for the bio father to respond to that. This is normally 30 days in the paper.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can NON bio dad sue bio mom for C/S ? [ 10 Answers ]

I am divorced from ex . Who has been a father figure to my oldest daughter for 15 1/2 years . She is 16 (17 in June of 07) . If she decides to move in with him . Can he sue me for C/S ? He is NOT the bio dad . And he does NOT have legal custody of her at this time . Can he sue me for C/S , or will...

Bio dad is out of the pic, can stepdad adopt? [ 6 Answers ]

HI. I got divorced a few years ago. My ex and I had two children together. After the divorce he saw the kids twice. Now he has not seen them in 17 months, or had any communication with them in 12 months! We do not have his address, phone number, or any info about him anymore. He has not paid child...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search