Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baal12 Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Jun 11, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Depression
    My girlfriend has depression. Over the last couple weeks her dad has been going on all-out rampages yelling at her, and at one point called her a worthless,good-for-nothing, slut. He drinks a lot and it is always yelling after he drinks.

Is this alcoholism? Can her psychologist put him in Rehab, or is this a problem on top of it all that she is forced to live with?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by baal12
    My girlfriend has depression. Over the last couple weeks her dad has been going on all-out rampages yelling at her, and at one point called her a worthless,good-for-nothing, slut. He drinks a lot and it is always yelling after he drinks.

Is this alcoholism? Can her psychologist put him in Rehab, or is this a problem on top of it all that she is forced to live with?
    I would say this is alcholism. I would also say that it is emotional abuse.

No one can force him into rehab it needs to be his choice. How old is your girlfriend?

Can she find a way to get out of this situation?
    baal12 Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Jun 11, 2007, 06:37 PM
    She's 15 in July.

No, she can't find a way out. No divorce to live with another parent...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2007, 06:47 PM
    What about any other family members.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depression ha [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is williams. I am working at the trident hilton gurgaon(india).I am not happy with my present job. I have worked for 3 years in the same co,and still they have not promoted me. They have given me a transfer within the co were poroving myself all over again is very tough. Sir the people...

Is This Depression? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there. For 6 months now I have been feeling strange... I have been suffering a loooong sinus infection as told by the doctor but nooo meds helped. Then I started getting incredibly tired and started losing my interest in almost everything. I also got engaged to the person who I neeeever...

Depression. [ 5 Answers ]

Ever Since I was 15 Years Old I had Depression. I would go see a Doctor all the time. I was always Down and Sad Feeling Hopeless with Just Everything in my Life. My Depression Would Come and Go For about Four Years Now. But Since my Twins were born ( 9 months ago) I have the worse Depression...

Depression [ 4 Answers ]

Name some of the pro's and con's of lifestyle changes verses medication in the treatment of depression?

Depression [ 31 Answers ]

I've suffered from depression for 4years and its getting to the stage of not coping! There are many causes of this and seeing a counselor didn't seem to help. Anti-depressants just seem to mask the symptoms, any suggestions? Please help can't cope anymore?

View more questions Search