Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renter Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 01:38 PM
    30 day notice
    I gave my landlord 30 day notice and now I need to remain in my current apartment for at least 15 more days. They said they have already rented my apartment and can only push back my leaving date by one day. This seems like it should not be allowed. My moving plans fell through and essentially now they are kicking me out after the date I have given. Is this legal? How can I get them to let me stay?:(
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Why do you think that it shouldn't be allowed? You gave notice and they did what any landlord would do - rent the unit. They shouldn't be punished for your plans falling through.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Agreed, unfortunately you were the one that picked the move out date and they agreed to it and found a new renter. Your going to have to move out and put your stuff in storage for 2 weeks somewhere or see if your move in date can move.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Would it be fair if they found a tenant who wanted to move in 15 days before you said you could leave, and told you to get out? You gave a specific leave date, and they have someone wanting to move in; you have no choice but to go. How would you feel if you were moving into your new place, and your new landlord said, "Sorry, the old tenant wants to stay a little longer, come back in a few weeks....."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

30 day notice [ 2 Answers ]

When,according to Wisconsin law,do tenants have to give their 30 day notice?

30 day notice [ 1 Answers ]

We had a lease that expired on June 30 of 2006. We then went to month to month agreement. So now we want to move and gave a 30 day notice on the 12th of jan. 07 and our landlord is saying we have to give the 30 days at the beginning of the month. Is she wrong or right. We live in Wisconsin. We told...

30 day notice [ 3 Answers ]

I recently closed escrow on my new home. I was not sure that escrow would close on time or that it would close at all. We had a lot of bumps in the road. So for that reason I did not give a 30 day notice, I wanted to make sure escrow closed. I currently rent on a month 2 month basis. I gave 30 day...

30 Day notice [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Fremont, Ca. I signed a six month lease. My lease is up and I'm moving. My landlord is requiring me to pay rent for an additional 30 days. In my lease agreement it states "Notice of termination/Death: Renter shall give owner 30 day notice of intent to vacate and shall be liable for...

30 day notice [ 1 Answers ]

If I received a 30 day notice on the 31st of the month, do I still have to pay the rent on the 1st. :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search