Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eyes_closed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Live with mom- want to live with dad across country
    I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to go? What if its just what I want? Do they put that into consideration? Do my siblings have to get involved in court and stuff? If they get along with her, and I don't, is that put into consideration?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 01:33 PM
    It could all depend on your age. How old are you?
    eyes_closed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 03:46 PM
    I'm 15.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 03:58 PM
    More than likely, your Dad would have to go to court. The judge would take in to count that you are 15 and really want to live with him. But, that is not a guarantee that you would get your way.
    It would be better for everyone if you could sit down, together, and talk this out.
    Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to live with my mom! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey!. I've been living with my dad for about 4 years on and off.. All my life I have been back and forth between my mom and dad.. And now I am 16 and I want to live with my mom.. Last summer I ran away to be with my mom and I have been taking from my mom before by social services.. But I realize...

I want to live with my mom [ 5 Answers ]

I need advice on what to do I am going to be 15 this year. I have lived with my mom every other week and my dad every other week for 9 years. I don't want to do this anymore but my dad won't listen to me or my mom, he doen't care and makes me go anyway. What do I do to not have to go anymore.

I want to live with my mom but my dad has custody over me [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I have a question regarding my situation. Ok well my parents were never married but they did separate when I was eight and me and my siblings got stuck living with my dad. So anyway me and my siblings want to live with our mom so we told her and she started going to court to try to win us...

I'm 16 and I want to live with my mom. What do I do? [ 11 Answers ]

Here's the story: My mom had planned to move to Texas, and eventually we went to court. I had had a chance to talk with the mediator and everything, but then, my dad hired a lawyer. Unfortunately for myself, my mom can't afford a lawyer, so we had no choice but to drop the case. Another unusual...

Help me I want to live with mom! [ 3 Answers ]

I need help desperately! I am thirteen years of age and I would like to live with my mom!! I have been living with my dad since I was seven and I hate living here!! Please help I have court in a week to decide!! And I don't know if they will listen to me!!

View more questions Search