Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dubya85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 11:20 PM
    Ex wants paternity test
    My fiancee's ex boyfriend claims that he is the father of our unborn child. Now according to the conception date there is no way possible for him to be the father,but regardless in an attempt to get back at her he is demanding a paternity test when the child is born. Just curious to the rights that he has in demanding a test if she doesn't want to comply.
    always_hot Posts: 114, Reputation: 16

Jun 11, 2007, 12:30 PM
    I'm not sure but, why doesn't she want to comply so she can laugh in his face or is she hiding something from you?
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jun 11, 2007, 12:56 PM
    He can hire a lawyer and try to get an ordered paternity test if he has a reasonable claim to the child. He will have to pay for it all though, including the test and attorney's fees, and if he is the father will have to pay child support, etc..
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2007, 01:47 PM
    If he strongly feel he is the Father of that child, then yes, he can ask for a DNA test. What happens if it comes back and he is the Father? Child support? Getting back together with his ex - your now fiancé? Petition for custody?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paternity Test / Child Support / Custody [ 13 Answers ]

I got pregnant in January of 2005 by a guy I had been with for about 7 months. As soon as I said the word, he demanded I have an abortion and he was out the door. I couldn't go through with the abortion, and I had considered adoption but in the end I couldn't do that either. I had the baby 5 weeks...

Paternity Test [ 6 Answers ]

My husband is trying to tell that the answer to his paternity come back as inconclusive because both of them are African-American. I know this is crap. Just want to make sure.

Paternity Test 4-5 years later [ 12 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for just under a year - knew him when I was a teenager though - got back in touch early last year & been together ever since. While we were out of touch, we both married & divorced, had several relationships I'm sure... but yesterday (we live together), we came home to...

Paternity Test. [ 7 Answers ]

What happends if after 6 1/2 years my child is not mine?:confused:

Paternity test proves NO [ 11 Answers ]

:cool: Hey: Need some advise. My 20 yr old son was ordered to take DNA paternity test while in jail. The results came back NEGAVTIVE. He is not the biological father. (in writing,on paper) The court has jurisdiction and now wants him to take another test

View more questions Search