Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    himjim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 04:56 PM
    John Deere LT160 broken spring
    A spring broke underneath my John Deere LT160 mower. It fell underneath the mower and it's not clear where it came from. Now ithe mower won't go forward or backward. Seems like the brake is stuck on. Can you tell me what the name or part number is of this spring and where it goes.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2007, 05:17 PM
    The traction/drive spring. Get from JD Dealer. It connects to the idler plate (which will have to have the nut taken off to put new one one) and connects to the lift pivot ( The ron just below the front of the fuel tank) It takes about 10-15 min to replace. Not an expensive repair at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere LT160 won't start [ 16 Answers ]

My friend has a 2004 model John Deere LT160 Lawn tractor, it's got 206.* hours on it right now. We used it Thursday night, and it worked great for us. Last night when we tried to use it again, it just wouldn't start. It's got a Kohler 16hp motor in it, and the problem is like this. It'll crank and...

John Deere LT160 lawn tractor [ 8 Answers ]

My lawn tractor (LT)will not start. When it is on choke it just acts like it is not getting fuel. When on run when I try to start it it backfires and will not start. I checked the fuel filter, chenaged the spark plug, made sure the carborator was not clogged cleaned out the carborator bowl. The...

John Deere replacement [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I have a JD L120 with 65hrs and a failed Hydro, Luckily its 23months old and will receive a new Hydro under warranty. As it has only lasted 1 1/2 summers I am sceptical to it's longevity. I mow a series of slopes covering 6 acres. I am interested in a replacement that will last, any...

Starting LT160 John [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2004 John Deere Lawn Tractor LT160. Since new my starting procedure was to Place the throttle in the choke position and crank the engine until it started. Usually Engine turned over about twice before starting. Afte starting, I immediately brought the Throttle back to the run...

Deere LT160 Fuel Line replacement? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to replace the fuel line from gas tank to fuel filter on my LT160, but Can't figure out how to get to the line connection at the tank. Can you Folks help me with this. Thanks, Shallman

View more questions Search