Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gizmogazoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Statute of limitations
    I failed to appear for driving without insurance 5 years ago I was wondering if enough time goes by will it disappear? I live in Ontario Canada
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 10, 2007, 02:36 PM
    No, you misunderstand what statue of limitation is.

If you drove without insurance and never got caught, then you could not be charged after a amount of time.

But once you are charged, no there is no statue of limitation, Also it is very possible that a warrant could ( or should) have been issued.
    zito501c Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmogazoo
    I failed to appear for driving without insurance 5 years ago i was wondering if enough time goes by will it dissappear? I live in Ontario Canada
    I am not sure of the law there, but in PA (USA) there is like a 2 year limitation on summery or misdemeanors. There is exceptions for some misdemeanors but driving without a license is a summery offense. I would check the law books on that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 04:14 PM
    If a warrant was issued for for failure to appear, there is no statue of limitation, once a warrant is issued, it stays valid with no SOL.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations [ 3 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations on DUI/DWI

Statute of Limitations [ 4 Answers ]

For credit cards (open-ended credit) Statute of Limitations (SoL), I know they expire in the range from 3 to 8 years depending on which state you live in. Here's my question, what state will the courts base the SoL on, the one you currently live in or the one where the credit card statements are...

Statute of Limitations? [ 10 Answers ]

In the Summer of 1972 I worked as a waitress at one of the local cafes. There were 10 employees who worked there during that time. All was well until the beginning of November when we did not receive a paycheck. The owner said he had some rough spots but we would be paid. He said that in...

Statute of limitations [ 6 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations after taking chapter seven bankruptcy in the state of Illinois, for a second mortgage to be null if I have reafirmed on the 1st. Mortgage? I went bankrupt in 2001 I reafirmed on the initial mortgage and not on the 2nd. Can I ever sell the property without paying...

View more questions Search