Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TLC1972 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Leaky outdoor hose/spigot connection
    If my hose connection at the spigot sprays water everywhere, do I have to replace the whole spigot? It seems that when I connect the hose end to the spigot, I don't get too many rotations. When I turn on the faucet, water sprays everywhere from the hose/spigot connection. Did the winter freeze break/warp the spigot at the threaded connection?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 10, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Do you have a vacuum breaker on the end?
    TLC1972 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 05:43 PM
    I don't know if there is a vacuum breaker. How do I check?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outdoor spigot dripping handle [ 21 Answers ]

Water drips from just beneath the handle on my outdoor spigot when the spigot is on. Where can I find a diagram that will tell me how to take apart, but especially how to put back together, the handle part of the spigot?

Outdoor spigot installing [ 2 Answers ]

I am wanting to install an outdoor wall spigot on the side of my mobile home. I want to run on end of some type of hose/pipe (use as main connection under home) to other side of my home for more convienence and so I can have a hole put into wall with spigot attatchment to use for hoses, turn water...

No water from outdoor spigot [ 1 Answers ]

We cannot get water form the outside facet but water is fine inside the house

Outdoor Leaking Spigot [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, this is my first time on this site. I have an older block-style Florida home in Bradenton, where the plumbing pipes are located within the walls. I have a leaking outdoor spigot that needs repairing badly. The spigot handle is circular and that is where the water is coming from. Is...

Outdoor Spigot Knob / Handle [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting ready to replace the knob on the outdoor hose spigot of my house. Not having done much plumbing, is there anything unusual I need to know? (ie: do I have to turn the screw right instead of left to loosen, or anything odd and plumbing-specific like that?) Any tips welcome.

View more questions Search