Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sssaudddahmed Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2005, 07:15 PM
    Creating an edit page in dreameaver
    HI,

I am having problems with creating a members edit details page for my webiste.

I want a user, that is not logged in, to be denied access to this edit details page.

If a member is logged on then I want the edit details page to laod, but with that specific members detail only.

I have already created a loggin session for the webiste but I don't know how to modify it, to allow logged in members from editing their detials only.

I am using ASP.NET, Dreamweaver MX/2004, IIS, IE5

Can you please instruct me on how this is done.

Thanks
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2005, 05:05 AM
    Not touched ASP for a while so there's no proper syntax (just my made up, non ASP code) but if you created a session, you might know how to set things in it already. Hopefully this will just give you an idea on what to do. I'll try and post some syntax some other time.

Basically you'll need something on your login page that sets a variable in the session containing the username. E.g. Session[LoggedInAs] = UserName.

Then when they are accessing the edit details page, the first thing the page should do is check the session for a logged in user...

if Session[LoggedInAs] is not equal to blank, then
    print edit details page
    else
    print error message

Remember to have a logout page, session cleardown etc. so that the session is cleared after it's use.

I'll get some syntax for you later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

File, Edit, View, Favorites Tools, Help [ 4 Answers ]

How do you keep the above on the top left hand screen of your computer, is it something to do with tools etc.

Word documents locked for edit - HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

I have Windows ME and Microsoft word. I have all my word documents from school arranged in folders based on each semester. Today, I opened up a 12 page paper for editing and I cannot do a single thing to this document. Each time I try, I get the following message "The command is not available...

View more questions Search