Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emakala Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2005, 08:57 AM
    Cat spray odors
    This may not be the correct forum for this question, but I'll try anyway. Our tenants left our rental home in a mess. The 'mud room' or entry way has an overwhelming odor of cat urine/spray. Does anyone know any way to get rid of the smell, short of ripping up the floor or tearing out walls? The floor is solid wood and the walls are finished drywall.
    We haven't been back long enough to determine if they abandoned the cat there as this is a large property and it may be hiding somewhere. My son is moving into the house and says he would adopt the cat if it's still there... but, if it has already established the habit of spraying, will neutering be the cure for this problem?
    Thanks for any help offered.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jul 7, 2005, 04:39 PM
    Nature’s Miracle Stain and odor remover
    You can try Nature’s Miracle; I got it at Agway in New Jersey. i am sure they sell it in other states. I adopted a dog from the shelter. When she came home she was not really house broke. It took a while but we worked it out, or so I thought. When we went to bed at night she was peeing on the floor we just did not realize it until the smell took over. :eek: She is now crated at night. The people at the store suggested Nature’s Miracle. I brought it home followed the directions and no more smell. We also have two cats and I use it to clean the litter box. It works great.

Nature’s Miracle Stain and odor remover.
    Comes in 1 gallon bottles and it is guaranteed or your money back
    2ndpresident Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilfyre
    You can try Nature’s Miracle; I got it at Agway in New Jersey. i am sure they sell it in other states. I adopted a dog from the shelter. When she came home she was not really house broke. It took a while but we worked it out, or so I thought. When we went to bed at night she was peeing on the floor we just did not realize it until the smell took over. :eek: She is now crated at night. The people at the store suggested Nature’s Miracle. I brought it home followed the directions and no more smell. We also have two cats and I use it to clean the litter box. It works great.

Nature’s Miracle Stain and odor remover.
    Comes in 1 gallon bottles and it is guaranteed or your money back
    Do you think that Natur's Miracle will work on cooking odors from Currie?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 10:01 PM
    2nd this psot is about 3 years old. Try vinegar just sit a small bowl on the counter when you are cooking it should asorb the odor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Odors from cloths washer [ 4 Answers ]

Recently I have a strong "sewer smell" coming from the washing machine when I wash the first load or two of cloths. After a few loads the odor is definitely less noticieable. Being in the basement I have the drain line from the washer up high than the top of the washer and then inserted into a...

Foul odors [ 7 Answers ]

Help- I have a situation where I must create the odor of rotting garbage and human waste. No, this is not a joke, it is a paying job. (Not much, but a job). I need to cover an area about 100' x 100' for 5 seconds or so. I can launch a chemical into the air, fan out a powder, or? Any ideas are...

Sewer Gas Odors [ 1 Answers ]

We had our drain field replaced last year and have noticed sewer gas smells when we walk around the outside of the house. I think the smells are coming from the roof vents. We never had the problem before, The drainfield was replaced because of saturation and did backup once into the basement. Any...

Odors in mechanical room [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever there is a change in the weather we have the worst odors coming from the furnace room, which consists of: furnace, hot water heater, floor drain, sump pump, water softener. If I don't catch it immediately the odor permeates the whole house (2 floors- bedrooms upstairs with 2 bathrooms,...

Help with shower odors [ 3 Answers ]

I have a problem that is driving me crazy. Starting about 2 months ago I started smelling sewer gas during and immediately after taking a shower in my shower stall. From everything I have read to date, this should be a vent problem. I have two main lines under the house, and the line that the...

View more questions Search