Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carthik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2003, 06:34 AM
    Cd rom reading cdrw
    Heloow ;D

I have a cdrw in which I have written data in multimodesession i.e. Whenever I get file I append it in its last written track

When I read it using the cdrom drive I get only the data that I have first written and not the latest files . Then after I keep on reloading the cd I get the files but not complete list of files

:-[

So please help mee
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Apr 7, 2003, 02:33 AM
    Cd rom reading cdrw
    When you read it in the CD-ROM do you see only the first session or all sessions but the last?

If you see the first session only it is probably a limitation of your CD-ROM drive... how old is your drive? I can read multisession CDs in the CD-ROM that came with my Pentium 166...

If you see all sessions but the last, then your CD burning software is not "finalizing" the session after it writes it, only after it begins writing the next track. Or something like that, I'm not too clear on exactly how that works. There should be a "finalize session" option in your CD burning software that should be activated. What software do you use?

Good luck,
    ~psi42

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows xp pro refusses my cd/dvd & cdrw [ 3 Answers ]

I add CDrw to my computer.. And now I have lost my e: drive where was shown my cd content... When I put in my cd/dvd cdrw a disck , cd/dvd cdrw just light up a bulb and that is all. I can not see cd content because my e: drive is lost. I don`t know what to do! Please help me.. :confused: :( ...

CDRW problems [ 4 Answers ]

I recently started having problems with my CDRW. I open the CDRW drawer and then close it (with or without a CD in it) and then it causes my computer to stop responding and eventually freeze. There's a little light that goes on when the CDRW drive is thinking and now when I close the drawer that...

Cdrw problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a verbatim cdrw 40x12x48x that is recognized in my operating system and bios as a lite on ltr 40x12x48x. The nero software that came with it says it is not a verbatim drive and only verbatim can be used and I used the current version of nero and it burns bad cds and sometime sees a blank cd...

Cdrw-external-usb [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Philips CDRW 462/463/464 external USB drive.I lost my installation disk, drivers and my laptop computer running on Windows ME had to be reformated. CDRW drive is not recognized by the computer and it's not working. Please let me know where I can get the drivers for this drive and how to...

View more questions Search