Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    divot 4 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 11:49 AM
    How much is passport and visa from ghana to canada?
    How much is a passport and visa in ghana to move to canada?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 01:10 PM

Is that where you are, in Ghana? Why don't you ask your passport office.

Oct 9, 2008, 02:05 PM

No, I live in canada but have a online girlfriend in ghana. She wants to move to canada with me but said the passport and visa costs $500 u.s. just wondering if this is true?
    Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 02:09 PM

PASSPORT
    Ghana Passports
    These are the current rates for getting a passport in Ghana.
    50,000 cedis (US $6.25) - Waiting Period: 1 month. (This is the "official" rate.)
    500,000 cedis (US $62.50) - Waiting Period: 1 week.
    1,000,000 cedis (US $125) - Waiting Period: 1 day.
    Ghana Passports

VISA
    "...application fee of $100 (950,000 cedis as of November 1, 2004,
    subject to change)."
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 01:40 PM

I know this is older but please take note your probably being scammed, there is a permanent post at the top of the visas and passports section all about this.

This person is not your girlfriend and is trying to scam you!

Oct 24, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Hey, thanks. I thought something was up. She keeps askin' for money to pay for her internet. Do they have internet in homes down there? How much is there money compared to ours? The pics she sends me are to good to be true. I haven't sent any money so is there any way to prove she is a scammer?
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 07:28 PM

Not really, you just have to sort of trust yourself there. I can tell you she definitely lied if she said a visa and passport would cost $500 to come visit you.

How much is she asking for for internet?

EDIT: And seriously, just Google this, in Ghana it's a huge business to scam people in North America. It's probably a guy messaging you with pretty pictures, they just want your money!!

Oct 24, 2008, 08:42 PM
    100 dollars. Everything is 100 dollars. She said a travel agency told her that the passport and visa cost 300 dollars.
    gorgeouslady Posts: 168, Reputation: 7

Jan 14, 2009, 06:14 PM

Travel agencies in ghana only deal in tickets and not visas.it's a scam if she asks for more than the rates tickle stated above.she's probably trying to sscam you.please be careful.
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 01:44 PM

Yeah, that sounded weird, I missed it originally. Actually I would believe that a travel agency would know visa costs, but when he said the travel agency says a passport is 100 dollars then it makes no sense, passports are given out by a government agency.

And of course every fee is going to be 100 dollars or a round figure... they just want you to send a bunch of cash and the ammounts will just keep going up...

I hope this guy never sent any money.
    Crispers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2009, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by divot 4 View Post
    hey, thanks. i thought something was up. she keeps askin' for money to pay for her internet. do they have internet in homes down there? how much is there money compared to ours? the pics she sends me are to good to be true. i haven't sent any money so is there any way to prove she is a scammer?
    Hey Divot, what did she say her name was?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 30, 2009, 09:31 PM

Please read: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/visas-...ud-288039.html
    mo-time Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 03:04 PM
    How much doe it cost for medical papers tofly to canada, and could you tell me also what else do you need to come to canada, please letmeknow
    mo-time Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 03:06 PM

Please let me know on allthe fees cost on documents that are need to come to canada, and also the plane ticket return to ghana
    Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mo-time View Post
    how much doe it cost for medical papers tofly to canada,,and could you tell me also what eles do you need to come to canada,,please letmeknow
    Call your visit your consulate to find out how to visit Canada.

Tick
    looking4luv Posts: 1, Reputation: -1

Sep 29, 2010, 06:34 PM
    Just go mind your ****ing business comments peoples...
    eminemyeboah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 11:02 AM
    Who much is 300 dollars is old Ghana cedi?
    Mr.yaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 07:52 AM
    My name is smith anful am from Ghana my friend want to me to come to stay with him at Canada but he told me to look for Canadian working visa before I will come... so I want to ask how much does Canadian working visa cost now in October 2011
    KIRBY PAASA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 03:54 AM
    Please answer me how much is the visa going to toronto canada?all it coast?I just want to know please!!
    Terrance1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2012, 08:40 PM
    I concur with TAX4EVA.I,too have been hit up for everything from,internet fees to passport and visa and everything in between under the sun.IT IS A SCAM!! DON'T DO IT! Terrance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accra,Ghana passport or visa [ 21 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to marry a woman from Ghana would it be easyer for her to get passport or visa and come here or for me to go there and marry her than bring here back to usa anybody can help me with this not working with a lot of money here thanks

Ghana visa and passport questions [ 1 Answers ]

There have been a lot of questions as to the cost of a visa and passport from Ghana to come visit the US, I want to alert everyone to the fact that in many cases this can be a scam, let me take a moment to describe it below: There is a large scale scam where women from Ghana (or maybe even men...

Passport and Visa Requirements in Ghana [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend lives in and is a citizen of Ghana. She wants to visit me in the USA. What must She do to get a passport and visa to travel to The United States? How much does it cost? How Long will it take to complete the process?

GHANA passport and visa [ 14 Answers ]

Does anybody have answer on following questions: - If a Ghananian applies at Ghananian authorities for international passport, how much does that cost? - If a Ghananian applies at German embassy for tourist or aupair visa, how much does that cost? Thank you very much for helping me Best from...

Ghana passport and visa [ 12 Answers ]

My girlfriend lives in ghana and wants to move here to england to live with me.How can I help her get a passport and visa?how much do they cost?

View more questions Search