Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andy0878 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 01:21 PM
    White rogers thermostat to hunter thermostat
    I am replacing my old white rogers thermostat with a new hunter thermostat. Is a 4ton unit with no heat pump just regular heating coils. The old thermostat some of the labels fell off and the only ones that I see are the yellow, green, red and black that have labels. The colors of my wire that was used are.
    Green - g
    Yellow - y
    Red - R
    Black - E
    Brown - ?
    Orange - ?
    White - ?

The hunter only wiring are as follow
    y, g, rh, rc, w,

I can figure two of the wirews but the new thermostat only lets me hook up five and I have seven. I can I hook up my new thermostat?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2010, 04:13 PM
    I`m sorry, but I can`t for the life of me understand why anyone would buy a Hunter tstat
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 24, 2010, 04:28 PM

Read post #3 https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...eat-58313.html
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2010, 04:32 PM
    :):)

You have attempted to view a Post that no longer is available. Please click one of the links in the menu to continue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace old Dico (White-Rogers) thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old white-rogers thermostat that was OEM for Dico. About ten years old. The model #1f80-73 cannot be found anywhere. No reference on the several dozen websites I've checked out; not even WR. I finally found a customer service number (it wasn't easy) at Emerson the parent company. ...

White Rogers Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

thermostat setting will move up to 80 or 90 dgrees at random. White rogers f86-344

How to jump a manual White-rogers thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Need to jump the thermostat to see if it is bad as the a/c unit does nothing -no-fan-no compressor-no hum

White rogers thermostat issue [ 4 Answers ]

I have a White rogers thermostat model 1F58W-77 and the wires I have that are hooked up right now are: RED-R GREEN-G YELLOW-Y WHITE-W1 BLACK-X1 ORANGE-O What I am trying to do is replace it with a honeywell T8400c. The manual says only 5 wire but this one I guess is the old one that has...

View more questions Search