Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angela2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Physics-momentum and relativity
    If it takes 3250 MeV of work to accelerate a proton from rest to a speed of v, determine v
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 04:15 PM

You must determine the relativistic kinetic energy of the particle and solve for velocity. If the speed isn't close to the speed of light, you can approximate it with

but you probably already know that. The relativistic formula is

Here's a link that will give you more information.

Kinetic energy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Physics: Momentum and Collisions [ 3 Answers ]

a 90 kg astronaut floating in space is carrying a 1 kg camera and a 10 kg baatter pack. he hurls the camera out into space at 15 m/s and throws the battery at 10 m/s in the same direction. What's the resulting increase inhis speed after each throw? would I have to use the impulse or momentum...

Physics momentum [ 1 Answers ]

A car moving at 20 m/s crashes into a wall and is brought to rest in 0.1 s. What is the average force in kN exerted on a 75-kg dummy by the seat belt?

Momentum-classical physics [ 2 Answers ]

Is momentum how difficult it is to stop an object? Much appreciated Thanks:)

Physics : Momentum [ 1 Answers ]

An 18 Kg Canada Goose is flying due south at a constant height of 75 m with a speed of 25m/s. She is struck by a 12 kg Bald Eagle, whose path just before collision was due north climbing at and angle of 60 above the horizontal. Immediately after the collision, the bodies of the two birds are struck...

Physics-special relativity [ 2 Answers ]

I've got a physics problem that I haven't been able to solve Help! A rocketship, travelling away from earth with a speed of 0.8c sends regular radio signals which are received on Earth every 45.2 min. According to the rocketship astronauts, how frequently are the signals being sent? :confused:

View more questions Search