Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2018, 07:46 PM
    The celebrities in Hollywood would like everyone to know they are boycotting guns and find them and those who possess them reprehensible.

paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2018, 09:25 PM
    Looks like a police state to me
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 5, 2018, 05:57 AM
    Looks like a well regulated militia to me doing a security job at a big event. Has nothing to do with the position many take to ban military style assault rifles from the general public.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2018, 09:10 AM
    Those are police or National Guard hired by the state . In no way do they fit the definition of a militia . They are law enforcement instruments of the state .

How many Hollywierdos will admit that they all have armed guards in their entourage ? 1st class hypocrites the whole lot of them .
    Expert

Mar 5, 2018, 09:25 AM
    Exactly what is your definition of a well regulated militia? How many celebs run around with guards that have AR-15's?

And what does that have to do with people being the victims of homicidal maniacs and the guns they get so easily? People are tired of sympathy, and doing NOTHING about it. You guys run government, so stop slow stalling until the next disaster. How many do you need to figure it out?
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2018, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Exactly what is your definition of a well regulated militia?
    Militia

[mɪˈlɪʃə]

NOUN

• a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency.

• a military force that engages in rebel or terrorist activities in opposition to a regular army.

Both of these can be well regulated if they are well organised and led. A rabble with guns is not a well regulated militia

Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2018, 01:58 PM
    Expert

Mar 10, 2018, 06:47 AM
    Breaking NEWS..
    The NRA is suing the state of Florida for raising the age to buy a gun from 18 to 21! Goes to show what their motivation is and it's not about safety for kids or anybody else, but their profits. What do you expect from an industry that makes it's money from the unbridled right of the second amendment.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2018, 02:48 AM
    Did not know a constitutional right had age limits .Do 18 year old Americans in Afghanistan use guns and other weapons ? Now when they go home they are not permitted to purchase them ? It's a bs law . I already pointed out that the vast majority of the mass shooters were over 21 when they did their dirty deed .
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2018, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Did not know a constitutional right had age limits .Do 18 year old Americans in Afghanistan use guns and other weapons ? Now when they go home they are not permitted to purchase them ? It's a bs law . I already pointed out that the vast majority of the mass shooters were over 21 when they did their dirty deed .
    I would say, Tom, that reform has to start somewhere, so if a kid can't shoot up a school, or themselves, it might be a start, maybe by the time they are 21 a gun will seem less attractive
    Expert

Mar 11, 2018, 07:19 AM
    So lets do away with the age limits for when and how you can practice your rights and arm school kids to protect themselves against homicidal loonies. That should go over real good in a school that 15 year olds have their own gun. We have a right to vote too, Tom, should that also have NO AGE limit? Trump wouldn't have a chance against Beyoncé for real. Age limits for many things are arbitrary lines they can draw anywhere, just as how far you can practice your rights, notably you cannot shout fire in a crowded theater. Same thing, a restriction should exists for the right to bear arms, just as there is for your right to free speech. Buying a AR-15 should be restricted to the army, those qualified in the military, or the most responsible and stable of citizens.

The guy who took hostages in California, killing 3 and himself the other day, was a vet with 7 registered guns, and being treated for a mental disorder. He sure stopped 3 citizens from their right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We have a huge problem here Tom, with our RIGHTS, and stopping criminals and loonies from killing us at will. Maybe the problem is we assume everybody is a responsible law abiding citizen, and instead we should take our time and verify that as fact. Obviously 3 days isn't enough, and the system we use is grossly inadequate. That's bound to happen in a society with a weak central government, and 50 sovereign states that are acting like countries.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2018, 10:59 AM
    It is absolute nonsense that the problem lies in teens between 18-21 . That was just legislation to make the legislators and Governor Scott feel good pretending they did something .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 11, 2018, 11:12 AM
    or the most responsible and stable of citizens.
    There is no such thing. Responsibility and stability can turn on a dime.
    Expert

Mar 11, 2018, 02:30 PM
    It is absolute nonsense that the problem lies in teens between 18-21 . That was just legislation to make the legislators and Governor Scott feel good pretending they did something .
    This guy was 19 though, so would have been unable to buy a gun, and kill a bunch of people and may stop any future under more under 21 HOMICIDAL nut job from copying his example. Looks like they will have to come up with something else for older homicidal loonies though who can buy guns legally. Like the guy that killed 49 at that club, and wounded 53 more, or that nut job in Vegas. Interesting how the NRA's sales, and proclamations about armed good guys hasn't worked either except to increase profits, and go after anybody that doesn't parrot their position.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2018, 02:40 PM
    This guy was 19 though, so would have been unable to buy a gun, and kill a bunch of people and may stop any future under more under 21 HOMICIDAL nut job from copying his example. Looks like they will have to come up with something else for older homicidal loonies though who can buy guns legally. Like the guy that killed 49 at that club, and wounded 53 more, or that nut job in Vegas. Interesting how the NRA's sales, and proclamations about armed good guys hasn't worked either except to increase profits, and go after anybody that doesn't parrot their position.
    Don't worry they have the opportunity to increase tax on guns and ammunition so that kids won't be able to afford guns and all those who want to pepper the environment with lead will pay more for the privilige
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2018, 04:02 PM
    I note that no one was staging mass demonstrations when Republican Reps were shot up .
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2018, 05:11 PM
    No the dems would be celebrating, but do republicans get shot up?
    Expert

Mar 12, 2018, 07:53 PM
    I note that no one was staging mass demonstrations when Republican Reps were shot up .
    Repub didn't do anything after Gabby was shot up, or 26 kids and teachers, not even when they got shot up, so what do you expect?
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2018, 05:02 AM
    Repub didn't do anything after Gabby was shot up, or 26 kids and teachers, not even when they got shot up, so what do you expect?
    I don't expect anything since Washington is a place of inaction, but I hear texans are cooperating in the removal of illegals
    Expert

Mar 13, 2018, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I don't expect anything since Washington is a place of inaction, but I hear texans are cooperating in the removal of illegals
    Washington is a tourist trap as real governance happens at the local level, and Texans have been dealing with migrants and immigrants since the 19th century Clete, nothing new on that front, but the locals don't need a big beautiful wall for that, nor are they giving up their land for one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

carry permit news ....Reciprocity and Recognition [ 9 Answers ]

If you live in or deal with Viginia then please take note of changes that take effect Feb 1, 2016. If you have questions call ahead. Reciprocity and Recognition Virginia State Police - Concealed Handgun - Reciprocity and Recognition

Texas Government/Special Districts [ 0 Answers ]

Why does Texas have so many special districts, and what are some of the problems associated with them?

Gun Carry Permit [ 4 Answers ]

I don't think I have a felony on my record but was arrest for theft when 18 (30 years ago). The amount was change, less then five dollars tops. I was charged with the theft but do not know if it was a felony or misderminor and don't know how to find out. I would like to apply for a concealed carry...

Is California Coastal University accreadited and recognized by school districts? [ 1 Answers ]

Is California Coastal University accreadited and recognized by Texas school districts? Will it be helpful in furthering my educational career?

Taxes taken out of Texas teachers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm doing a research paper and one of areas I have to find information on is how much and what type of taxes come out of a Texas teachers paycheck making 38,000 a year. If any one could help me out soon I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks :)

View more questions Search