Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miso123 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 04:17 AM
    Relationships
    There was a guy I asked out and he eventually agreed although he was younger than me.

He never, ever use to really say hello to me he just used to keep on staring at me and looking nervous all the time, but he was quite good looking.

So anyway, we saw each other a few times (never really did anything) but he was younger than me so we stopped.

Also I found out what he was thinking when he used to see. That I was very light skinned, had 'no bum', always cycled (he was quite rude) etc so he was analysing me and had very much opinion about me yet he never used to say hello. But he still said I was attractive. I only heard these other things later and initially he was refusing to even call me. Our mutual friend kept pushing him.
    He really kept on staring at me before so much so I thought he was just shy.
    Anyway, we felt it was wrong (he wanted to sleep with me as well which I think was the main attraction not really any respect.) He said he watched my behaviour with friends to see how I am but when I commented on him having a deep conversation with someone one day he asked me what I was watching him for.

We had three full weeks of no communication after that and then he started sulking because I missed his birthday (he gave me a computer chair for mine) so I got him a gift which he thanked me for. He would maybe say hello to me but no texts/mails etc only texts that he would generate to all his friends anyway which annoyed me so I told him to stop. I went on holiday and he didn't even ask for me when I got back.

He once even said 'you never greet me'! But I just didn't care.

So a couple of times I mailed him to see if he was OK with job seeking etc. Then he just got seriously offended the second time I asked him that. He first said he was OK and looked very happy with himself in his life.

Its been almost a year and his behaviour has not changed. He looks at me with wide glaring eyes and purses his lips just barely speaking in monosyallables.

Whilst this attitude was happening in the early stages he was speaking with a woman and really giving me an attitude problem. I said hello to him and he just looked at me like he was really offended about something and he was behaving really childishly talking about childish things with her. But like I said he is younger than me.

Up until this day he is engaged so should he not be happy? What could be his problem as he is still behaving like this, offended?

Thanks
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2010, 05:58 AM

There are just some people that you can never figure out, and he may well be one.

He's engaged, so if I were you, I would just quit worrying about his attitude, and find someone you truly enjoy being around.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2010, 06:55 AM

First of all be very,very thankful your not the fiancée. Stop trying to be friends with him, obviously he has no respect for you, so just treat him like an work associate only "goodmorning,---goodnight" the end. Remember he is the one staring, so keep head up, chest out, and walk with a little more attitude around him, let him admire your confidence!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 8, 2010, 08:21 AM

Clearly ain't nothing happening here at all, and never will, not even a friendship.

He is an acquaintance, and stranger, nothing more. And one who doesn't care about you on many levels so why bother with him? Curious maybe? Don't be.

Sep 13, 2010, 03:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Devorameira View Post

He's engaged, so if I were you, I would just quit worrying about his attitude, and find someone you truly enjoy being around.
    Thank you

All your posts are really helpful. I did actually see him after writing it and he did it again. And noramally greeted him for peace but he was till looking really offended angry - wide eyes pursed lips and greeted me but did not respond to mine.

A friend suggested that I hounded him after asking him how he was a 2nd time when we split - but that was almost a year ago and he still seems offended.

I just find it unsettling as it is not normal for his behaviour. Or is it because I keep ignoring him. He is engaged so why can't he just move on?

Any way, thanks
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2010, 05:31 AM

Just stay away from him. He doesn't seem like a very pleasant person at all!
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2010, 07:34 AM

Don't worry about him, his eyes, his lips, his rude attitude, nothing.

Move on and find happiness with someone who's more compatible with you.

He is water, you are oil. You don't blend.

Rise above him, and be the bigger person. Let his new girl deal with his strange ways, and looks.

Sep 13, 2010, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    Don't worry about him, his eyes, his lips, his rude attitude, nothing.
    Ok thanks, I know I know. But I am a woman and I just wanted some insight - after explaining the above into why guys can get and STAY so offended? Especially by when they are spurned and then the lady tries to make amends, that's all. Its too long now.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2010, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miso123 View Post
    Ok thanks, I know I know. But I am a woman and I just wanted some insight - after explaining the above into why guys can get and STAY so offended? Expecially by when they are spurned and then the lady tries to make amends, thats all. Its too long now.
    Some guys never grow up into men. Some stay little boys who still try to get their way, or pout when they don't. Who knows? Who cares? He's a childish, rude, immature boy who you shouldn't give another thought to.

Good luck.

Sep 13, 2010, 07:58 AM
    [QUOTE= He's a childish, rude, immature.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I was immature too by being so rude in the first place but now I guess it has become an obstacle for his annoyance, as he is annoyed, clearly. That's why I feel guilty. Hopefully, some time soon he will let it drop and stop giving me those looks. I really was going to confront him you know. For goodness sake. Never mind, thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationships [ 13 Answers ]

Threads merged I love my woman and want to commit to her but the fact that she used to be a lap-dancer and has previously had pictures of her naked displayed in glamour mags bothers me, I can't seem to commit to her for this reason, I feel like my honour and dignity gets knocked. We have been...

Relationships [ 2 Answers ]

How can you establish trust in a relationship if your prevouis relationships was full of distrussed. HOw do you trust one another when you love them so bad but still worries that they can't be trusted?

New relationships [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know if my girlfriend is still in love with her exhusband?

Relationships ? [ 6 Answers ]

Well I am just amazed at the help you people are posting. It is helping a great deal right now. But I thought I would throw my story in the mix seeing how I am still dealing with the pain and any advice would be welcomed. So I guess I will sum it up as best as I can. Well in the beginning, I...

Relationships... [ 5 Answers ]

Relationships... ... work better when we are willing to work at them. ... work better when we don't play with each others feeling. ... work better when we stop worrying about being single or not. ... work better when they are based on living, loving and sharing.

View more questions Search