Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KatieFaye1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2010, 07:28 PM
    Relationships
    My boyfriend and I have been together 5 years. He loves to party and I'm more of a homebody. We have a one yearold son when I was pregante he went out drinking and cheated on me. I stayed because of the baby but now he wants to go out to bars and drink and stay out all night. Its not all the time only like twice a month but I have a really hard time with it. I hate it!! I want to talk to him about it but it always is a fight. Any thoughts?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 30, 2010, 07:32 PM

Is there an unbiased person you both would trust and can go to, perhaps a priest or counselor?

Who financially supports your little family?
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Aug 30, 2010, 09:34 PM
    You want to discuss this but it always ends up in an argument? How does a discussion always end up in an argument... and you don't have to stay because of the baby if you are unhappy... is that the only reason you stayed?
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2010, 10:42 PM

If he cheated on you when you were pregnant, especially after 4 years. Hes no man.

If he doesn't wish to listen, and own up to his responsibility to you and your child, then focus on a plan to leave.

But yes, talk with a counselor or lawyer first.

His party is going to come to an end sooner than he thinks.

You don't need him to survive. Just the opposite.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2010, 07:27 AM

While once a month is not much, the fact you can't talk without arguing is a red flag to a lack of communications.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationships [ 8 Answers ]

Ok so about a year ago I was going outwith this girl and things were going great or at least I thought so, but about five months in she told me that she wasn't sure about us anymore and she wanted to break up. She said that she felt like she didn't deserve to have a guy like me and that it was...

Relationships [ 3 Answers ]

I haven't had sex with my girlfriend for 4 months been together for over 3 years, she goes out during the week with work mates well at least I think that's what she's doing but she doesn't have anough time to be cheating on me! And lately she doesn't like me touching her and if I ask her about it...

Relationships [ 24 Answers ]

Eight year relationship is dying, I don't want it to!

About relationships [ 6 Answers ]

What does it mean when a man tells you I love you, I love you, I love you but I am not in love with you. He explains that men sometime take longer?

Relationships... [ 5 Answers ]

Relationships... ... work better when we are willing to work at them. ... work better when we don't play with each others feeling. ... work better when we stop worrying about being single or not. ... work better when they are based on living, loving and sharing.

View more questions Search