Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dawter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 05:18 AM
    New World Order
    A friend showed me this site the other night. I believe a new world order is coming. But this site really blew my mind. I guess you can find out all kinds of things on the www.
    Have any of you heard of this new world citizenship? What are your thoughts or plans concerning this?

Welcome to the World Citizen Government Web
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 24, 2007, 05:41 AM
    I support the idea that all guests of Planet Earth are evolving. Some of that appears to be helping many people to see that we are all in this together and that the more sophisitcated "we" solutions are replacing the "them and us" solutions. But that same evolution is also bringing a kind of respect for diversity, a realization that there are, for example, many paths to enlightenment. I think this part goes even deeper in that social analysis is telling us that diversity is a kind of untapped strength only because of how poorly managed its been up until now -- it's that crucial.

So the possibility of becoming overly organized in a way that would create one government or one religion or one culture does not seem even remotely likely to me.

Even here in the US where there has been a strong homogenizing of our culture by big business, there remains the old regional culture beneath it and new imput creates new differences too fast for the homogenizing elements to essentially take over.

I found that to better understand the world, its good to understand its nations, and to better understand nations, its good to understand groups. And to better understand groups, its good to understand families. And to understand families, its best to understand people. What I found in my understanding of people is while what we have in common is huge (we all basically want the same things regardless of who we are), how we express our lives remains very diverse because the world was set up by its creator with a dizzying array of choices. I suspect that was on purpose too!
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2007, 06:54 AM
    I am always suspicious of those who offer to bring order out of chaos. A certain amount of chaos is necessary to keep our world spinning. Life is a decentralized, disordered search for temporary equilibrium between multiple actors, forces and constraints. Very inefficient short-term, but very stable long-term, because with enough diversity, nothing is fatal to everything, so something survives anything. I'll take my chances.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2007, 07:15 AM
    There are two basic ideas on the "new world order" one is of course a secret government or business power base that actually runs or controls the world and all or most world governments. You find groups like the freemasons and the such linked to them in the ideas and teachings of this new world order.

The second idea is that people, will throw away the shackles of oppression of local and state governments and look toward being citizens of the world. There are I am sure a few groups, one such group that actually issues "world citizenships" and even passports can be found on the web
    WorldCitizen : As the world becomes increasingly interconnected and interdependent we can, and must, acknowledge local and global citizenship

They are a fun group and actually do a lot of good for oppressed areas and third world nations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harassment Order [ 11 Answers ]

My husband and I are living in a rental home. I've asked him to leave but he won't; he basically says that he'll leave when he gets ready; in the meantime I'm in constant fear. I don't qualify the standard Restraining Order against my husband because he hasn't hit me, attacked me or threatened...

In what order? [ 1 Answers ]

Are pregnancy symptoms in any specific order?

Was I out of Order [ 33 Answers ]

My b/f is a photographer. We've been together for a longt time and have discussed marriage. I went to his house a couple of months ago and we were in the room were he prints his pictures. I saw a picture of a woman in a swimming pool at the poconos. He didn't act like he was trying to hide...

Money order [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I cash a money order written out to me. I don't have a bank account

View more questions Search