Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    etrumper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 07:40 AM
    Vacate a judgement
    I need to explore the options of vacating one of my two petit theft convictions. What are the chances to vacate the last one from 01/23/07? What are the legal requirements?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by etrumper View Post
    I need to explore the options of vacating one of my two petit theft convictions. What are the chances to vacate the last one from 01/23/07? What are the legal requirements?

What State?
    etrumper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Florida
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Hello e:

Convictions aren't vacated. They're either expunged or they're pardoned. For either of those two procedures, you're going to need a lawyer.

Sure, you don't actually NEED a lawyer, but during the hearing you're going to have a prosecutor telling the judge that you're a very bad man and that you should never have received such a light sentence in the first place... So, I'd want my lawyer there telling the judge something else.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 13, 2008, 07:28 AM

Also theft convictioons are not judgements. A judgement occurs in a civil suit, not a criminal process.

What grounds do you have for expunging?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to vacate a judgement [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about vacating 3 judgements against me. I receive SSI and am unable to pay.

How to vacate a judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I live in NC and I received paperwork to come to court regarding judgement for non payment of credit card bill... when I got to court they could not find my file, after sitting there for 5 hours the judge final asked me what paper work I had and I showed them my copy that came in the mail of my...

Can I a vacate this judgement? [ 2 Answers ]

My answer was strikken for failure to comply.. . I did file the answer on time, but did not send a copy to plaintiff. On the case summary it says no oppostiton filed by defendant, but I never had a chance to object... was told to go home and await judges answer... several hearing was held...

Vacate a judgement [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me what I have to do to vacate a judgement?

Vacate judgement [ 2 Answers ]

Over a year ago, I was served with a Summons on an old MBNA credit card account. I did not show for the hearing so a default judgement was entered for the scavenger debt collector. Now that over a year has passed, can I attempt to get a vacate judgement or is it too late for me to have any...

View more questions Search