Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Harley Dog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 09:40 PM
    Venting
    Hi I'm redoing my bathroom down stairs. I was wondering if I can put a Oatey in line vent for my bathroom sink. Are they safe to use? There is a vent for the toilet that runs up through the roof but would be really heard to run a main vent to the sink. How safe are they to use in the basment.

Thank you
    Glen
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 10:14 PM

Some Codes don't allow AAV venting. You may check with your Inspector. However, as far as functionality of AAV vent for your application goes - yes, it is safe to use and your sink will drain w/o problems.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 9, 2009, 05:49 AM
    A further note on AAVs. They must be installed where they are assessable and can be easily replaced if necessary. A good place is just ahead of the trap,(see image) Good luck and thank you for rating my answer. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Venting [ 6 Answers ]

Are there any special requirements when connecting all the vents together in the attic? Do they need to be pitched? Can you connect them to one another any way you want? i.e. from the top, side, bottom of the main drain? I know I have to go up to 3" before it goes throug the roof...

Venting [ 4 Answers ]

I have a two part question. 1.This is new construction and I have a question related to the venting. I have a 3” horizontal pipe installed between to floor joist. Attached to this pipe is a shower (seperate), bathtub(seperate) and toilet. This is how I have laid it out starting at the end of...

Venting [ 1 Answers ]

How many fixtures can be tapped into the main vent? I have a 2" main vent.

Venting [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , In the basement , there is a mechanical vent on a bathtub wich tells me its not vented by the main stack. Could the tub be changed to a shower stall. Also wich size drain should the shower stall be?

Tub Venting? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm rebuilding a 1920's bathroom from the floor joist and studs, the question I have is the 1 1/2" Tub Over Flow ties into the trap which then ties into a 3" stack with a 3x3x1-1/2" Sanitary Tee. Do I need to install a vent in for the tub if the trap is 12" away from the stack? ...

View more questions Search