Ask
    pitaqueen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2011, 06:59 PM
    Faucet handles do not shut off completely
    The water has a drip when I shut it off
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2011, 07:48 PM
    Washers are deteriorated or the valve cartridge if it's that type.

Which ever you have has to be replaced to fix it. Its also possible the valve seat area is corroded and needs cut... but what I previously said is likely the problem.

Depending on your tools and abilities... you may need to call a plumber. These can be VERY difficult to take apart when they get old.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 16, 2011, 09:09 PM
    I agree but we can't be more specific unless you post a picture or tell us brand/model

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faucet keeps running after turning handles off [ 4 Answers ]

Have had a new kitchen faucet for over one month; no drips/leaks during that time; now, when shutting off either hot or cold, water continues to run in small stream, drips and stops after about 2-3 seconds. Do have a sprayer type faucet- American Standard - Colony Soft Model 4275.

Delta cold water faucet won't shut water off completely [ 0 Answers ]

I got faucet off with allen wrench, but couldn't budge the big washer underneath. I have to get this off to pull things out right?

Bathroom faucet handles [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I have been trying to replace my bathroom faucet handles both cold and hot. After some problem finding the correct handles I got them screwed in and I turned the water on from underneath and it came on fine. However, when I turned the handle to turn the water off the handle turned...

Faucet handles without set screws ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I installed a new faucet set on my ped. Sink and after a month the two faucets handles began to get loose and can rock back and forth. There are no set screws or ornamental caps hiding set screws. Does anyone know where you go to tighten the faucet handles?...

Stuck handles on compression faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I am attempting to change the seat washer on a compression faucet, however the faucets (circa 1955) appear to be stuck and can't be removed for access to the stem. Is there a plumbing tool, product or process to help remove the handle from the stem?

View more questions Search