Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SARACHRIS Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Should we sign another lease with property being sold
    Our landlord wants us to sign another lease even though they are trying to sell the property. Is this lease binding, if the new owners use the property as an investment
    Donna Miller Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2008, 09:00 PM
    The new owner is bound by the terms of existing valid leases. If a landlord conveys leased Real Estate, the new landlord takes the property subject to the rights of the tenants. MAKE SURE that when the new lease is drawn up, it stipulates a total period... EX: term of 2 years, beginning 5/1/2008 to 5/1/2010. It MUST have a beginning date AND an ending date. Make sure you see all of this, so your rights as a tenant will be secure. Also, if there was a security deposit that you initially provided to your current landlord, make sure that you see paperwork stating they have passed this on to the NEW landlord. You don't want this to be a problem once your lease has ended... and you are out of the $$$.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking lease in Texas-Did not sign lease [ 2 Answers ]

I have shared a house for 15 months with two other roomates. There is a 2 year lease on the house. My name is on the lease with the other two roomates, BUT I did NOT sign the lease. I want to move out because I can no longer stand living with these two roomates. Am I free and clear to leave...

Property sold; can I get out of my lease? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 2.5 years into my 5 year commercial lease in Louisiana and my landlord has sold the property. Can I get out of my old lease?

Property Taxes on Property sold for estate settlement. [ 1 Answers ]

We have sold property in Indiana that will be part of and estate settlement. The property sold for less than $100,000. The money from this property will be divided between the 6 children. What taxes will be owed for the sale of this property?

Lease agreement when property is sold [ 6 Answers ]

We owned a property with tenants and have since sold the property. We believed both tenants to be month to month, but one has since produced a lease. Who is responsible for honoring the lease? The new owner wants the property vacated

View more questions Search