Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JPT123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2010, 03:54 PM
    Craftsman Riding Mower will not start.
    I get no spark between my plug and engine when turning ignition to "on" position, but I get spark when turning ignition from "on" position to "off" position. I replaced the ignition switch and still have the problem. Problem is consistent with both spark plugs.
    -Joe
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2010, 06:02 AM

How old of a unit it is , a model #
    Might help us , help you .
    JPT123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2010, 05:25 AM
    The model number is 917.258910.
    I bought the tractor second hand about 4 years ago. The owner's manual has a rev. date of 3-31-97, so I'm guessing the tractor is a 1997 model year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears Craftsman riding mower will not start [ 9 Answers ]

Sears Craftsman riding mower will not start. Not a click sound. Battery is good. I think the key switch is good. When I checked it has continuity when switched to ON. Where do I need to check next?

Craftsman Riding Mower won't start [ 11 Answers ]

I just received a Craftsman Riding mower (Model # 917270631). No Manual. When I try to start it, it will run for about 5 seconds and then shuts down. If you wait about 10-15 minutes, it will do the same. It is a Briggs & Stratton engine. The instructions on the tractor says to use the...

Craftsman Riding Mower Will Not Start [ 10 Answers ]

My lawn tractor starter does not engage with the flywheel. I have replaced the starter, starter solenoid, battery, starter switch. Any thoughts? Thanks:confused:

My 11hp Craftsman riding mower will not start [ 2 Answers ]

My mower just keeps turning over but not starting up . I have checked everying ,all I know is I was cutting my land and it just died and now will not start . Please help thank you

Craftsman riding mower does not start [ 1 Answers ]

My Craftsman started, but died after riding it a short distance and then it would not start again. Neighbor tried the battery from my mower into his and his did not start, which led me to believe that it was a dead battery, but when we tried the neighbor's battery in my mower the it still did not...

View more questions Search