Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dkilgore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Refused collection arrangement
    What is the best answer listed below if a collection agency refuses an arrangement... should the client
    (1) not try to pay the account
    (2) ignore contacts from the agency and save until they have the entire amount
    (3)document the offer in writing and send the money each month anyway

This question is from a take-home, open note, "ask anyone" review question from counseling training. My first inclination was #3 but wouldn't that complicate the credit report by updating the "date of last activity."

Thanks for your help. I'm new at this!
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 12, 2007, 07:46 AM
    If you owe the money why not pay it and get these bozos out of your life? I would not ignore them... once every two weeks you can speak with them, give them an update of your situation... if they get ignorant on the phone, let them hear a dial tone. Do not put up with their verbal abuse on the phone. Any offers must be in writing before you send money. Don't give them access to your accounts ever. Do not send post dated checks.

Im not sure any of those answers are wise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creditor refused payment [ 5 Answers ]

I live on the AR/OK state line, and there are what I call loan shark companies in OK. I am TERRIBLE with my money, so I often need help. Here's what happened to me today. The name of this company is world Acceptance in Arkoma, OK. I have been a 'customer' of theirs for MANY years. I'd say at least...

Collection Agency refused my offer! [ 7 Answers ]

About 2 weeks a go I got a Civil Summons from a law firm that represents Velocity Investments saying that I owed 2989.00 and I have 20 days to respond. I found all my statements from Providian that came out 1700 in total purchases (not including late fees, interest, etc and with all that it is...

Married vs Business Arrangement [ 7 Answers ]

I got so called "married" in 1999. My so called "husband" hasn't a clue as to what it means to be married. He never wanted sex, never wanted to talk, went on vacations with his fishing buddies - never took his 9-year-old daughter and I, we slept in separate bedrooms, he complained about...

Help! My daschund refused to shower and refused to be carried. [ 3 Answers ]

Help! Help!I am having 2 major problems with my male long hair red daschund:- 1. He refuses to shower - every time he hears and sees me preparing his shower stuff, he will run and hide. I try coaxing him wz treats but that didn't help. He will growl and snap at whoever goes near him. 2, My...

View more questions Search