Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Herald94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2011, 08:16 PM
    Legal age to move out?
    Hey, I need to know if I move out right now (I'm 17 years old) if there's anything at all my dad could do about it legally ? Like to literally make me move back in or stay ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 20, 2011, 08:19 PM
    While laws vary by area (ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.) effectively, until you are 18 you can't move out.
    Herald94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2011, 08:21 PM
    But to the girl with the same question you said 16.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 20, 2011, 08:29 PM
    I think you misread. Please provide a link to that post.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 20, 2011, 08:35 PM
    I know of no where that you can move out at 16, I know of a state of two that you can move out at 17.

But in most places at 17, your parents can report you as a run away, and have a juv officer go get you and bring you home. If you will not, you could even be put in Juv detention.

If you moved in with an adult, they could be charged with interference with custody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal age to move out [ 3 Answers ]

I am 16 years old and I will be turning 17 I'm a couple of months and I was considering moving out when I turn 17 and I was wondering at the age if my grandmother called the police would I still be considered a runaway and what will the police do.:confused:

Legal age I can move out [ 3 Answers ]

I want to move out I'm 15 and hate who I'm with there so horrid to me I got a place I can go I just don't have the bottle to walk out any ideas I can't talk to the person I hate in person cause they just argue and threaten me

What's the legal age to move out in Ontario, Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Im 17 turning to 18 in October I want to move out and live with my best friend am I able to do that without parent's word? Will I get in trouble?

What is the legal age for a kid to move out in Oklahoma [ 23 Answers ]

Was just wondering what the legal age for me to let a kid move out of the house

Legal age to move out in Canada [ 1 Answers ]

I know weird question but umm.. any of you know the legal age to move out in Canada, I heard its 19 from some people and 18 from the other.. and then the rest tell me its 16. Without parental consent.

View more questions Search