Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misspuppylover Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Do you know spanish
    Does Anyone Know How To Say "will You Sit By Me At Lunch" "or Want To Sit By Me At Lunch"
    Plzplz Help
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2007, 05:13 AM
    There are translator websites that might be helpful the thing is. The translation does not always come out perfect. My wife's family is spanish but I do not have them here to pipe into this question for you. I will give you some websites that might help you out.

Free Translation and Professional Translation Services from SDL International

AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation

Free Website Translator. Online Website Translation
    Maricruz Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

Apr 20, 2007, 06:25 PM
    ¿Quieres sentarte junto a mí durante el almuerzo?
    ¿Te gustaría sentarte conmigo a la hora del almuerzo?
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Apr 20, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Will You Sit By Me At Lunch" "

¿Te gustaría sentarte cerca de mí durante el almuerzo?

Or Want To Sit By Me At Lunch

¿Quieres sentarte conmigo durante el almuerzo?
    shizukamelodi Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 02:56 AM
    Quieres sentar a mi lado cuando comemos el almuerzo. ( I live in spain and my crush is spanish so I only talk englisah to my parents)

Ki-er-es sen-tar a- me -la-do kuan-do com-emos el al-muer-tho
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Jul 4, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shizukamelodi
    ¿Quieres sentarte a mi lado cuando comamos el almuerzo? ( i live in spain and my crush is spanish so i only talk englisah to my parents)

ki-er-es sen-tar a- me -la-do kuan-do com-emos el al-muer-tho
    In essence, the right idea, just some kinks to work out.

Remember: to sit, in Spanish, we say to sit ONESELF (sentarse, so a reflexive pronoun (underlined) is required.
    contesten Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 09:52 AM
    You have to be careful to not say something unintended when using Spanish. I've personally made the mistake, more than once, of saying, "Me gustas," thinking I was saying "I like you." Spanish speakers become disturbed when they hear this sentence and they correct you. Actually it means, roughly, "I think you're hot." The correct phrase is "Me caes bien."
    I'm not certain, but I feel uneasy about translating "sit by me" into Spanish. It could have unexpected sexual overtones. Why not avoid potential problems and simply say, "Would you like to eat lunch with me? ¿Quieres almorzar conmigo?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2008, 11:22 PM
    Thank you for the lesson, contesten!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spanish Alphabet [ 11 Answers ]

When I was a kid I learned the spanish alphabet without "k" and "w", as they were just letters borrowed from foreign words. And now I have heard conflicting info regarding the letters "ll" "ch" and "rr", are they still considered letters? Or are they considered 2 letters, similar to english, such...

Anyone speak spanish? [ 17 Answers ]

What does this mean? Losiento chica

Learning spanish [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been living in Mallorca for abput 9 months now. I have a spanish boyfriend and really want to learn the language. I have spoken to people who say they became fluent in spanish within 6 months, I have a software programme which has taught me a bit and my boyfriend is always trying to...

Spanish assignment [ 1 Answers ]

I had to write a short composition on a spanish artist and was just wondering if someone could please proofread my paper. Any help will be greatly appreciated this assignment is due Friday morning. Mi exposición de arte y la presentación favoritas en la Galería Pagada fueron el un dado...

Spanish [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know A website were I can get the answer to my spanish workbook-Mas Pratica En Espanol-The spanish 2! Version?

View more questions Search