Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emrielle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 12:47 AM
    I think my boyfriend is bored with our relationship?
    Well, I am 16, and I would like some advice and other peoples opinions about the situation, and what I should do.
    My boyfriend and I have been going out for almost 6 months. The begging of our relationship was great. We can only see each other once every 1 or 2 weeks, so he would always tell me how much he missed me, and he would be romantic, and sweet, etc. That's the guy I fell in love with.
    For about a month, he has been acting differently. He doesn't tell me he misses me anymore. I don't remember the last time he said something sweet or romantic, like he used to. There's stuff that I just don't feel ready to do yet, and lately he's been doing some obvious hinting, and complaining about how I won't let him do anything and how I have him stuck on first base. He used to hang out with me every chance he could, now It's like he doesn't care. He doesn't even say "I love you" anymore.
    At one point I admitted to being a somewhat jealous person, and now he always comments on how sexy other girls are, and how easy it would be for him to get the girl down the street in bed with him if he wanted. It's as if he wants me to be jealous.
    I don't really feel like I can be open with him, and when I tried to let him know how I was feeling, he said he was sorry, but after that nothing changed. There have been times when I feel like he wants to say something, but then changes his mind.
    I feel hurt and unloved. I don't know what happened. I do love him, and I really don't want to break up, but lately I've been thinking that maybe it would be best for both of us. I think he is bored with the relationship, or maybe it's something I don't see. Even though I don't necessarily agree with the whole "taking a break" thing, I have considered it. I'm confused. I wish I knew why he started acting like this so maybe I could fix it.
    I really don't want to lose him, but I don't know what else to do.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2008, 04:03 AM

well I'm not a guy so I don't know what that whole making you jealous thing is all about. Rumor has it that he might be testing you. You know like do you really really like me, do you really really love me.

but it does seem that he is pressuring you for sex... both by complaining that you won't go beyond 1st base and by telling you that he could easely bed some girls down the street... if he doesn't respect that you are not ready... is he really worth your time?

I know some people debute before the age of 16, some at the age of 16, but there is nothning wrong with wanting to wait until you feel ready to make such an emotional engagement.

sex is serious business... I waited a really long time, because I didn't feel ready.

I totally understand that you feel hurt and unloved, its can't be a pleasant experience to have the guy your with, in love with and love tell you that he could easely sleep with some random girl.

you say that you don't want to lose him, and maybe I'm a bit extreem in this area, but it seems like it might be a good idea for you to set the record straight: i.e. maybe you need to tell him how you feel? About the pressure, the complaints and the distance that seem to have erupted between you

and it might be possibe that you need to tell him that you can't have sex, or move beyond 1st base until you feel ready to, and if he really cares about you he should respect that and if he doesn't respect it you deserve someone who will!

good luck hon! :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 20, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Your in love, he is in lust. He backs away because, he isn't getting what he wants from you, and the jealous thing is his way of putting pressure on you.

Stand by your guns, and realize that there are others out there for you, who will respect you as a person, he does NOT.

You don't need him, or his pressure. So get someone who feels as you do, and wants to have fun with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend seems completely bored by me [ 11 Answers ]

I've been going out with this guy for about three years now, and we've moved in together. You'd think that would be enough of a reason to be assured of the relationship, but things just seem to be deteriorating... not that he sees that. When he gets home from work I'll be waiting (on the days I...

Bored in Relationship [ 7 Answers ]

I've been seeing this guy for about 7 months.. we love each other and everything is going great but I've become bored in the relationship. Its like we do the same things all the time.. go to the movies go eat go shopping.. He says he's spontaneous but he's scared I might not like what he wants to...

My relationship with my new boyfriend. [ 1 Answers ]

I am a sophomore in high school. Earlier this year I found out that my friend had a major crush on me. At first I didn't know what to say because I didn't feel the same way... so I said no to him. He took it really bad and was really sad and mad at me. I took my time to think and I have now chosen...

My boyfriend has a serious relationship [ 16 Answers ]

I met this guy three years back, within 3 months I felt he is life to me. Just then he told me about his existing relationship with another girl whom he loves and was in the relationship for past 4 years. We tried being together, but in the mean time his girlfriend came to know about our...

My boyfriend wants out of relationship [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 8 years. We don't live together but spend a lot of time together in the evenings after work going to the gym, movies etc. We even made plans to relocate to another city because of work and maybe get married. Out of the blue, he informed me that he...

View more questions Search