Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cyberdol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Backed up shower drain and laundry tub
    First,we had a backup toilet. My husband used a commercial snake it worked. Now we have a backed up shower and when the washer drains into outlet pipe the utility sink fills up and then the shower. We cannot afford a plummer we need to do this ourselves. Can anyone help on this!:)
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 14, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Sounds liie your husband just moved the blockage further down the drain. Rodding with a toilet tool only reaches in about 3 feet. You may need to remove the toilet and use a 20 ft. rod. Before doing that try a 20 ft rod down the utility drain as well as the shower. Plunging will not help in this kind of situation.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 14, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Rent a sewer machine and send the cable down the lavatory roof vent. Put out enough cable to reach the base and 20 feet more. Test by cycling the washer. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floor Drain Backed up in Laundry room [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I've lived in my house for 5 years. It was built in 1957. It is a great, sturdy house. The biggest headache is that, occasionally, since the beginning - our laundry room floor drain backs up. I'd like to understand what is happening as best I can. I am not a plummer, but I am willing to...

Shower/Tub Drain Leak [ 1 Answers ]

Periodically I would notice a water mark on the ceiling of my kitchen, directly over my 2nd floor bathroom. The occurrences went from every now and then to every time the bath/shower is used. The shower/tub is a solid fiberglass unit which has a high walls - no tile around the tub. My husband...

Shower weep hole drain turned into tub drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my shower to a roman tub. The existing drain is a weep hole drain. Is there a plug for these type of drains? The idea is to use the same drain system and hot mop, tile, etc. around it.

Shower/tub drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - I have a small 1 bedroom rental house that sits on a slab. In the bathroom there is a shower stall that is built on a 4 inch platform and a pvc 2 inch drain that runs from under the shower to a drain in the floor by the wall. I am thinking about taking the shower out and replacing it with...

New shower - backed up drain causing leak [ 1 Answers ]

Two months ago, we installed a new stone tile shower -the contractor installed a lead shower pan along with cement bed. Tiles were installed using thin set + Laticrete Superflexible Adhesive; tiles/grout were sealed with 511 impregnator. The shower drain recently backed up creating a 1-inch pool...

View more questions Search