Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmwlms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 04:27 AM
    How old is to old for a son to sleep with his dad
    How old is to old for a son to sleep with his dad?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2009, 04:32 AM

In my opinion, kids should never sleep with their parents. Having said that, I'd put an upper limit at about 3. Note that this is my opinion only.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 11:51 AM

Please tell us more,

Do you mean for a short time while they are scared in a storm.

Do you mean perhaps on a overnight trip or visit.

Please give us the details about this
    basketballlover Posts: 69, Reputation: -3

Jun 22, 2009, 08:43 PM

Id say about 5-6 years old. After that he should learn to be in his own bed.
    Mazdadude07 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Jun 23, 2009, 11:29 AM

I would say that's pushing it a bit, we had up until 3, was quite often, but its just every so often, usually if one of us is not coming home for the night because of work, to not feel lonely in the bed...
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 12:07 PM

Id say 5. my daughter coslept with us until the day she turned 5.

This is a huge opinion based question. Many familys co-sleep.

However, it really is pushing it once you get past 5 or 6.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2009, 08:17 PM

I agree with 5 or 6 especially as an every night thing.
    I would still get up and get into my parents bed until I was around 9 or 10 but it was rare.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

8month old has less sleep, can some one tell me how to put him to sleep [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my son is 8month and 2 week old; still I tie him when he is sleeping as he kicks the blanket in the night and gets cold…. If I keep the AC less then he sweat and won’t get good sleep. If I keep in un tied then he starts crawling or sits in night and won't sleep for long time can some one tell me...

Mac G5 won't sleep [ 4 Answers ]

My 1.8 dual processor G5 Powermac running 10.4.11 won't go to sleep on its own anymore. I have to use the sleep function from the blue apple menu which works OK. I've reloaded 10.4.11 but that didn't work. It has 2 internal drives. Everything is great with this machine except this new sleep...

Put by dog to sleep don't know what to do [ 3 Answers ]

We just put my dog to sleep I'm 15 and my dog was my life... Help me out because I don't know where to turn

I can't get my son to sleep alone [ 11 Answers ]

Okay my son is going to be 2 in November and I can't get him to sleep by himself. Once he falls asleep I sneek out of his room, but he wakes up a couple of hours later. He has never been able to sleep alone. When he had a crib he would cry and cry and then throw up. Now he shares a room with our 5...

No sleep [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old who is not sleeping through the night. We will put him to bed around 9 but he will wake up between 1 and 5 am and come in our bed. At that time we are to lazy to get up and put him back in his bed. I hope there is another solution to my problem. I don't want to make him cry...

View more questions Search