Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hungminhngan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 10:14 AM
    About immigrant rights!
    Do you think immigrant should have the same rights with people in the country they live??
    If yes, why?
    If no, why not??

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 28, 2007, 10:34 AM
    No I don't, but naturalized citizens should. There needs to be somelevel of control on immigrants until they becomes citizens.
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Oct 28, 2007, 11:20 AM
    You question is kind of unclear. If the immigrant has intentions are to become a citizen then yes this person should have all the rights as citizens. As for the illegal immigrant I say no. Why? I really should not generalize based on this story but.. I just tell you the story.

While in Harlem.. lower Manhattan, New York. A young man maybe in his mid-20's came asked if we had an extra pair of pants that he could have to work in. My boss made some arrangements for some for him. Then ask if we knew a place where he could get some work. Then he told us of his status which he was an illegally immigrant from Mexico and he needed send money to his family there. I asked why isn’t he trying to get his family here? It was like I offended him, he replied he would never raise his daughter here in America. The women here don’t dress respectfully. He continued to add that he loved his country it was just hard to get work there. His intentions were just to use America for its resources and leave. Should this guy have the same rights as a citizen? NO! If you think he should tell me why?
    outtheresister Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hungminhngan
    do you think immigrant should have the same rights with people in the country they live???
    if yes, why?
    if no, why not???

thanks
    Depends on if the immigrant came to the country illegally. If he came illegally then no he doesn't deserve the same rights as the citizens of that country. Why? Being he disregarded the rule of law to begin with, ignored proper procedure in becoming a citizen, he doesn't deserve anything but to be shipped back to where he came from...

Honor the laws of the country you want to live in and the citizens of that country will welcome you with open arms.

Imagine if some stranger walked inside your house and demanded to live there... and expected you to agree without question. You'd call the cops have the wacko removed... same applies to 'just walking and demanding' inside a country you are not a legal citizen in
    hungminhngan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 12:41 AM
    oh great! Thanks for all ideas ^^, have a great life all guys
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2007, 05:26 AM
    An immigrant who came here through the back door, illegally, should not have the same rights as either a natural citizen or a naturalized citizen. Now an immigrant who came here with the full intent of becoming a citizen and member of society - yes, those rights should be offered to that person. Someone who comes into the U.S. on a green card fraud - no.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Requirements to marry an immigrant [ 5 Answers ]

I am wanting to marry an immigrant from Thailand. What requirements are there? I have heard that I must make so much money per year to be able to do that. Is that true? What paperwork is needed? Also, how easy is it for illegal immigrants to marry American citizens? Is anybody checking to see if an...

Marriage to an immigrant [ 2 Answers ]

What steps do I take to marry my fiancé whois not legal here in the U.S.

Illegal Immigrant in Italy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Is there anyone out their that can help me? I am 58 years old and my boyfriend is some 22 years old - please do not all go errrr! It does happen. We have been together for 3 years in August, he loves me and I love him very much. We have been living in Italy, him illegally...

View more questions Search