Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WhitneyRobinson Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Concentrations of reactant molecules
    When the concentrations of reactant molecules are increased,
    The rate of reaction increases. The best explanation for this
    Feature is the:

a. frequency of molecular collisions increases.
    b. average kinetic energy of the molecules increases.
    c. activation energy increases.
    d. order of reaction increases.
    e. none of the above are suitable explanations.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2009, 08:07 PM

If the concentration of reactant molecules is increased, there will be more collisions between molecules in any given time.

b? There is nothing to suggest that the average kinetic energy increases. You'd have to heat it up to do that.

c? There's nothing to suggest that the activation energy increases. That will always be constant.

d? The order of reaction is based on the number of molecules that must collide. This will not change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Limiting Reactant [ 2 Answers ]

A mixture of 5g of Ni and 2g of sulfur was heated to study the combining mass of nickel. What will be the limiting reactant for this reaction? The options are: A. Nickel B. 2 moles of Ni C. Sulfur D. 5 moles of S I think the answer is C because it is present in lesser amount. Can...

Limiting reactant [ 4 Answers ]

how many grams of NO2(subscript), if 0.740 g of O3(subscript) reacts with 0.670 g of NO in this reaction: O3(subscript) + NO = O2(subscript) + NO2(subscript) please let me see the solution please... thanks.. identify the limiting reactant

How many grams of which reactant remains? [ 7 Answers ]

Okay I'm stuck in South Korea where I can't find any chemistry books and this question is driving me nuts!! Can someone please help? Chlorine dioxide, ClO2, has been used as a disinfectant in air conditioning systems. It reacts With water according to the reaction: ClO2 + H2O ---> HClO3 + HCl...

View more questions Search