Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Handyman4U Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2009, 09:08 AM
    ford f150 - gas vs. diesel - change engine and transmission.
    Hi All,

I have a 93 ford f150 gas 351 4X4 with a good engine. I'm buying 93 ford f150 desiel 4x4 with the engine a part because of head gasket.

My question is it possible to change engines and trans without too much prombles.
    I believe I will have to change the computer. Will the wire harrniess be OK.

Is there anything else I should be or be a where of.

If you can help.

Thanks Gerry
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 12:59 PM

Moved from other thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford power stroke diesel engine [ 7 Answers ]

My 97 Ford f350 power stroke diesel quit on the way to work . The fuel filter was changed Then on the way home it quit again. After sitting for a little bit it started again. It will run good for about 15 minutes then shuts off. What could be wrong with it?

2003 F250 Ford Diesel Truck 6.0 engine [ 2 Answers ]

My diesel truck is giving me fits. When I start it up there is no problem, but after it runs for awhile, it starts to vibrate (you can feel it in the steering wheel) it acts like it is going to die, runs badly like water in the gas, then you get a fuel smell in the cab. If you give it a little more...

Ford 7.3 Turbo Diesel engine "surging power" condition seen when towing heavy loads [ 1 Answers ]

I have been seeing for the last two camping seasons that when I am towing my 10K camper up long steep hills for an extended period I will begin to hear a "surging" power sound coming from the engine like some sort of engine protection device has kicked in or something. When this happens the guages...

2000 ford f250 diesel manual transmission issue [ 1 Answers ]

My clutch quit working, no signs of slipping or nothing. I was told it was probably the slave cylinder so I replaced it and nothing so I replaced the master cylinder and it still didn't work. So I took it to a local repair shop he pulled the tranny and found the arm that holds the trow out bearing...

How to change coolant in Ford 7.3diesel engine [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change the coolant in the 7.3 diesel engine in my ford F250 truck?

View more questions Search