Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucinda980 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2013, 01:06 PM
    Baby on the way and boyfriend is stingy?
    My boyfriend and I are expecting a baby in December, We are considering moving in together, but he asked me to pay the rent and said he would pay the utilities. He also has not offered to pay for any of the doctor visits I've attended, and has mentioned that he would like to take the tax deduction for our new baby himself. Early in our romance, he expected me to pay for at least half of our dates and would say things like "let's go have breakfast, do you got the bill?" When I went maternity clothes shopping he not only didn't offer to help pay, but bought himself some shorts instead (that were part of my purchase discount). This man has a good job, owns his own home, drives a pimped out truck, and just spent 900 dollars on a rifle. Am I wrong in feeling that he's being stingy and self-centered with me?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 9, 2013, 01:22 PM
    You saw the clues when you were dating, and then you decided to have a baby together? I'm not sure how old you are, but you should realize that you can't mold and change people into something they are not.
    Lucinda980 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2013, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    You saw the clues when you were dating, and then you decided to have a baby together? I'm not sure how old you are, but you should realize that you can't mold and change people into something they are not.
    I agree with you and thanks for your response.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 9, 2013, 02:52 PM
    You knew what you were getting and o expect even more of it if you move in together. Get child support and visitation through the courts and save your time and money for your baby.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my boyfriend stingy or a liar or both? Help me out -- I'm going crazy. [ 24 Answers ]

I know my boyfriend over 9 month. I’m 21 and he is 34, at first he showed a very nice and generous behavior, I was so surprised because for every little problem that I talked about he suggested a solution, specially financial problems (because in this period I have a lot of financial problems :D)....

How to deal with a boyfriend who procrastinates and is stingy at the same time [ 4 Answers ]

How to deal with a boyfriend who procrastinates and is stingy at the same time?

Am I over reacting or is my boyfriend being too stingy? [ 11 Answers ]

Ok, so I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and 1 month now. I love him to death, everything about our relationship is awesome except one aspect: MONEY. Let me start by saying that I am and have always been a very independent woman and never been needy as far as material things, I have never...

My boyfriend is stingy [ 31 Answers ]

Hi, well, I have been seeing this guy very cute, lovely and mature recently- about two months and I had a great time with him, now it's the time to make up my mind and see if this relatioship is worth to work on it. Well besides all of the things I like about him, one thing is really bothering me...

Is my boyfriend stingy, or am too picky? [ 18 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for a little over a month. First things first, he is sweet, sensitive, and there for me when I physically need him (a ride to the airport, a change of a flat tire etc.) However, there is once concern that I have: money. Going out I would say he pays spends 70% of the...

View more questions Search