Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SandmanMotel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 04:24 PM
    80 gallon vs 2 40 gallon water heater.
    I own a small motel that has two 40 gallon water heaters hooked up consecutively. They are about 20 years old. The furnace (hydronic heat) is hooked up to the water heaters as well and preheats the water before it goes to the 40 gallon tanks. I would like to replace the water heaters and was wondering would it be better to just get a 80 gallon heater vs the two 40 gallon water heaters.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 18, 2008, 06:05 PM

Well depending on where the hotel is and what your using for utilities you also have a third option. Don't use a tank of any kind. That way your not heating water just to have hot water. Also then your patrons can take a long shower and not run out. Im not tryng to spam you just passing info for you to consider as an option for your situation.

Rinnai. America's Leading Tankless Water Heaters: Energy Saving, Forever Hotwater

There are many companies out there that do the same thing. Might be worth investigating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing 40 Gallon hot water tank [ 1 Answers ]

Hi folks, just got a nice surprise today when I found out my hot water tank (installed in 1982!! :) ) and I was debating on just swapping it for a new 40 Gallon tank, or to upgrade to a 60 Gallon. My main question was whether the wiring needed to be changed for either scenario? Or just if I went...

30 Gallon Hot Water Heater Relief Valve ? [ 13 Answers ]

I just had the relief (release?) valve replaced on my Hot Water Heater because it was constantly leaking and dripping. The new one seems to work great because I don't see it dripping anymore. However, I kept a bucket under it to be cautious, and every day there is a little over a cup of clean water...

2 40 gallon water heater vs 1 80 gallon [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a new house. I am considering installing two 40 gallon water heaters rather than one 80 gallon water heater. My thought is that I could turn one the 40 gallon heaters off as there are only two of us most of the time. Then we could turn on the other when we have guest. Is there a...

52 gallon Wellsaver water tank [ 3 Answers ]

How do I pressurize the 52 gallon Wellsaver water tank. Having trouble getting water into the tank.

30 Gallon Water Tank - How Many Showers (approx) [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 30 gallon gas water tank which is about 7 years old. I rent, pay my own utilities but have to use the plumber the landlord contracts with who is onery, a "know-it-all" and a misogynist! His employees have agreed there is a problem but he overrides them, so I'm stuck between a rock and...

View more questions Search