Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kissychks Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2005, 06:56 AM
    Yorkie Diarreah
    I've got a 7 month old Yorkie that I've only had two weeks. Two nights ago he got diarreah, which I think is because my father wanted to feed him some leftover eggs with cheese in them. I'm not sure but it's the only thing he has ate out of the ordinary. He WON'T QUIT POOPING EVERYWHERE! I can't get any sleep... last night I had to clean up three different piles. It's this nasty liquid poop... what can I do to make him stop going everywhere? I gave him like half a spoonfull of pepto, but he's acting pretty icky still, like he doesn't feel very well.

Help!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2005, 11:15 AM
    Diarrhea along with a lack of energy can mean parvo, deadly to a young little dog. Did you get a shot record with the dog? Following the recommended schedule, he shouldn't need many more shots. Do you have a rabies certificate or tag? Most states require it. There is also heart worm and fleas. Having a dog now is much more complicated that it used to be. He needs to see a vet, now.

Somebody recently posted that cheese causes constipation. I guess you dog didn't read that. Keep him on a commercial chow and very little left overs.
    Kissychks Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2005, 04:33 PM
    He has had all of his shots. I got home and there was no poop to be found, so I guess those eggs finally got out of his system. Thanks for the reply.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2005, 08:04 PM
    I am glad to hear he is OK, and he does have his shots. The worm medicine is very important and must come from a vet after a blood test. Some of the over the counter fleas remedies work fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My yorkie [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My Yorkie Is Having Diarrhea Problems Some Throwing Up Hes Pretty Sluggish Iam Concern About Him Can You Tell Me What It Might Be And What I Can Do For Him Till I Get Him To The Vet Tomorrow

My yorkie growls at his tail... [ 1 Answers ]

My pet yorkie is 14 months old and he has always fed very well. But for the past few months every time I give him his food he keeps looking behind himself at his tail. He growls and goes for it. This only happens when food is around. He has also stopped eating his food. If I pick up the food with...

Could my Yorkie have WORMS? [ 3 Answers ]

I am not sure what the signs of worms are. For a couple days he was throwing up a little and I am not sure why, but he has stopped now. He is laying beside me and his belly is making the weirdest noises. Gurgling and whatnot. He doesn't eat ANYTHING but his dog food, ever. We don't feed him table...

Yorkie puppy [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a small yorkie puppie at a reasonable price can't afford a lot but would really love it

View more questions Search