Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drbigfresh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2005, 01:21 PM
    Making Sense of Mortgage Speak...
    The bank is telling me I can get this mortgage. What does it mean in plain english, cause as they wrote it it makes no sense to me:

"The loan product for the first mortgage is a monthly adjustable tied to one month libor plus a margin of 2.55 with a half of a point. The second is tied to prime plus a margin of .50"

It's like a foreign language.

THanks!
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Oct 23, 2005, 07:56 AM
    They are telling you that the first mortgage will have an interest rate that changes every month. The rate will be the current Libor rate (a London index rate) plus 2.55 percent. So if the Libor rate is 5%, then the rate they charge you will be 5 plus 2.55, or 7.55%. It sounds like they will charge you one-half of one percent of the entire loan as a fee. The second mortgage interest rate will be your lender's prime rate plus one-half of one percent. So if your lender's prime rate is 6.5%, then the rate they charge you will be 6.5 plus 0.5, or 7%. It doesn't say whether the second mortgage's interest rate will be adjusted monthly or annually.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone speak spanish? [ 17 Answers ]

What does this mean? Losiento chica

Anyone speak Latin? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there! Anyone speak latin (late latin similar to what was spoken during the middle ages)? I'm in need of a simple translation from "Master Archer" from english to latin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you have a sense of humour, you have to read this! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I used to go out with a guy called Mike. It wasn't really a serious relationship - I never slept with him or anything. When I went out with him, he was pretty materialistic, for example he refused to buy anything that wasn't designer branded like Versace etc, he constantly tried to...

Deciphering men speak [ 15 Answers ]

Hi everyone First post here - lots of well informed people on this site so thought I'd ask! Broke up with ex couple of months back (his call after a row), we decided to be friends, stayed in touch via text yet never got round to meeting because he was always busy and put it off. Eventually I...

Sense and Sensibility [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a question about Jane Austin's book "Sense and Sensibility". How can you compare Elinor's and Marianne's character? Thanks

View more questions Search