Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lalmali Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 11:54 PM
    WIndows 2003 sharing
    Hello friends!

I have a domain system just for local area connection.
    1. It is sharing internet ,file and printer from server, this is working.
    2. But when I go to client computer and go to share file or printer and go to securuty tab and location ;in location I don't see domain name( I only see computers its' own name) but it can open share files on server well.
    3. Do anyone can help me on this matter.I am trying this for last weeks.

Best regards,
    Lal
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 12:04 AM
    This type of problems can be linked to a number of things, here is a page describing how you can setup your domain and connect hosts >>
    lalmali Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 12:18 AM
    Dear Benn11!
    Thanks I had checked all this but I have never filled problem while installing domain system, verything was fine till last week
    But it certainly happened
    All the process is fine
    Is there any fine tricks so that the user computer in the share and security location can see doamin name and its users.
    I have 2003 Sp2, Xp Sp2
    Best regards,
    Lal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows 2003 downgrade [ 2 Answers ]

How do I downgrade windows 2003 server to windows 2000 server

Downgrade windows 2003 server to windows 2000 server procedure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Recently I planned to buy a server with windows 2k server OS. Unfortunately I was told that win 2k server will be no longer in support at 2007.:confused: What happen is that the application I need to run is under win 2k server only, can anyone advise me how to perform the downgrade...

Windows Server 2003 Share Access [ 9 Answers ]

I am in the process of upgrading a peer to peer windows xp network environment to a windows server 2003 domain. My clients have windows xp pro with a third party program installed for point of sale and accounts receivable management. The program requires access to a network share folder housing the...

Windows 2000/2003 network [ 1 Answers ]

On a Windows 2000/2003 network (Domain). The server is accessible to the workstation through network neighbourhood or UNC. But when I try to access the same workstation from the server, it gives error message.. Network Path was not found. Though the shared folders have been given permissions for...

Setting up Windows Server 2003 [ 6 Answers ]

Okay I have a few questions. First is my Cable ISP gives me a Dynamic IP Address. But I would like to set up a home net work with Windows 2003 server. I would like to physically set it up this way. Modem to Router with DHCP turned off on the router, then router to server with DHCP, then...

View more questions Search