Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puneetbhasin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 05:05 AM
    Ngo for depressed people
    I am a male 25 yrs of age.I am not able to handle the situations which needs focused attention.I am shy,introvert and always alone.I eat needless quantity of food whenever I feel depressed.I know I have the caliber but I am not able to give my best.I am struggling to be myself please help me to get out of this.Thanks .will wait for the reply.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2010, 05:15 AM

Depression is a very difficult thing to deal with alone. Your doctor can give you something to take for a short time to help you over the worst of it. My suggestion is when you feel the depression coming on leave the house and simply walk for as long as you can in the clean fresh air, a park or by a lake, any where but home where all you want to do is eat.
    lifegoeson Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 10:12 AM
    Hi puneet
    In my opnion you are shy and introvert-thats your nature... but yaar why are you alone?
    Has something happened with you?
    You said you know you have caliber,den what is it that's holding you back?
    biggoyen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 12:06 PM
    Hey hi puneet...
    Firstly there's nothing wrong with you.. everybody goes through lows in life but to get DEPRESSED is to get stuck in life... it happens when you search for solutions outside yourself for things that you have the power to control.. I believe that there is immense capacity for a person to heal.. we are surrounded by people who extend their minds and live beautifully by forgiving(and this includes forgiving yourself),being courageous,compassionate...
    There are no hard and fast rules to get out of depression.. you are a person and you have a mind.. it cannot be dealt with "tips to get out of depression"
    You can never really get out of this depression phase unless you deal with your emotions.. its OK if your upset right now... you don't have to immediately snap out of it or push it away.. coz that way it keeps coming back to you...
    Although your right if you know that it really does degrade the quality of your life.. but firstly you have to ask yourself reasons for being depressed, u have to deal with your hurt feelings,your self-image,your fears..
    Letme tell you smthn of this man I'd met.. I didn't know what drew me to him then but now I do... it was his alertness to his surroundings,to people's needs,it was his belief in himself,in his big dreams(eventhough he had no idea how to fulfill them)..
    My suggestions to you would be:to be alert,try and not think,go have a nice chat or walk with an old uncle in your colony,give some food to your neighbourhood dog,and connect with people.. so what if your shy?. it doesn't matter.. dont be worried about the impression you're making on people.. just do your part of being open up to life and to possibilities...
    About your eating probs:go get exercise!plenty of it!don't overdo it though...
    PS:dont block your energies... be honest about your feelings... dont react to jerks.. "your defenselessness makes you invincible"(qoute deepak chopra)
    Also know that most of the pain you feel in life is not due to the problem itself but becoz of your estimate of it and that you have the power to revoke anytime...
    Do reply and letme know how're you doing
    rajeshb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 01:41 AM
    Eat healthy, Do exercise Or walking in the morning. Lesson to music, help somebody in need.
    Have faith in supreme or god or allah whichever name you believe HIM, have friends
    Who are equivalent in standard. There are so many people who has late success. Late but very successful. Avoid people whom you think negative if you cannot ignore Or forgive them. Be with people who lifts you up positively.

Rajesh
    INDIA
    +919874173069

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tips on Starting an NGO in Nigeria [ 4 Answers ]

I'm from Nigeria, trying to set up an NGO hope to get tips on how to do that. Thanks.

I WANT THE NAMES AND profileof all charitable NGO in nigeria [ 3 Answers ]

I want to set up an ngo in nigeria that concerns assisting the less privileged.I want tips on how to create a profile in this regard

Depressed.could use some people to talk to [ 4 Answers ]

Hey... my name is paul I'm 20... college student all that. For like the last 10 or so years I've been really really depressed, on and off, never been on any medicine for it, and counseling really didn't help at all The few gfs I've managed to have helped somewhat but now I'm newly single again...

Depressed puppy or just does not like people [ 4 Answers ]

I adopted a 3mo old mixed puppy from a shelter yesterday - he seemed very shy at the shelter, but at home he is actually seeming quite depressed. He won't make eye contact with me or my 12yo son, he will not wag his tail, he does not do anything but hide in his crate. He played with a dog, but will...

View more questions Search