Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eaas123 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 02:44 AM
    New Guppy Fry
    Ok I looked in my fish tank about 2 hours ago and there was 3 Guppy fry in there as well as my 3 neon tetras and 4 guppies and I was wondering will the other fish eat them if I have all large stones on the bottom which, I have seen the fry can fit under and the other fish can't. So will they still get eaten?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 5, 2010, 11:40 AM

Yes. I had Guppies, all they did was mate, have babies, eat their babies and poop. Lol sorry, but it's always best to keep male and female separated. They will continuosly reproduce, and then eat their young.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2010, 11:38 PM

If you want to breed guppies (and yes, it will happen again, Guppies breed like well... guppies) you need to get a breeding trap.
    There are 2 types of breeding traps, one is a rigid trap, the other is a net.
    You want the solid type NOT the net.
    The solid breeding trap has a special compartment at the bottom that allows the fry to fall through to safety where the mother can't eat them. With breeding nets the babies are just swimming around with the mother waiting to become food.

You will also need special fry food.
    It is available at most pet stores and looks like just a milky liquid. It contains food particles small enough for the babies to eat as they cannot fit regular food (even crushed) into their mouths.

Good luck, I haven't bred guppies in a while but all I did was use a trap and fry food and I had a tank full of healthy adult guppies in no time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guppy Possibly Pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, a couple weeks ago I got some new fish. Two of which were guppies. One male and one female. Unfortunately a fish my dad bought for me the other day killed my male guppy. I took the fish out and gave him away. Anyway my female guppy is still very strong and today when I was watching her, I...

Guppy babies [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have any information on the gestational period of female guppies? I thought it was around 20-25 days, but it has been about 4 weeks since I noticed my guppy looked pregnant and still no babies. Any ideas?

Un-fry my hair [ 1 Answers ]

I have just let my cousin curl my hair and now it looks all staticty and well… fryd!! :eek: I need some segestions on what I can do at my house to make my hair un-fryed! Thanks soooooo much ~kibble

100v to 120v transformer - will my unit fry? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a set of CD decks from America, power rated at 115v. I want to use them in Japan where the mains supply is 100v. I bought a step up transformer 100v to 120v. If I use the transformer, will my decks fry? :)

How long to deep fry a cornish hen [ 2 Answers ]

How long do I need to deep fry two cornish hens?

View more questions Search