Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joyluo1999 Posts: 240, Reputation: 12

Jul 17, 2009, 08:55 AM
    Is my fish sick?
    I have two fish and a water snail in my tank and today I found my fish leaning on a rock, sideways. Please please help me, I don't want my fish to die.:( Oh you, and I've been putting melifax into my tank, if that helps.

Jul 18, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Um, if you see this question don't answer it cause my fish died this morning.:(:(:(
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2009, 09:24 AM

Oh no :(
    I only just came online.

There was more than probably nothing you could have done to save him.
    My goldfish was doing this a while back and we tried everything, 1 week later he finally died.

Sorry :(

Jul 18, 2009, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Oh no :(
    I only just came online.

There was more than probably nothing you could have done to save him.
    My goldfish was doing this a while back and we tried everything, 1 week later he finally died.

Sorry :(
    Well, I kind of knew it was going to die because a lot of my other fish have died this way.

One of my fish was actually floating upside down on the surface of the water for a few hours.:eek:
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2009, 12:28 PM

I have gone to take some of mine out of the tank before because I thought they were dead. Then when I touched them with the net they would flinch a little and seem to start breathing again.

Breaks my heart but I put them in a bag of water and out them in the freezer, the water getting colder slowly just makes them go to sleep.

Jul 18, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    I have gone to take some of mine out of the tank before because I thought they were dead. Then when I touched them with the net they would flinch a little and seem to start breathing again.

Breaks my heart but I put them in a bag of water and out them in the freezer, the water getting colder slowly just makes them go to sleep.
    Ya, that happens.

I'm sure that must be very sad.
    Well, at least you know they won't have to suffer anymore.

But the freezer idea is very cool. If any of my other fish get sick I might try the freezer idea.

Before if my fish got really sick and I couldn't treat it I would just take them out of the water. I know it sounds really bad but I didn't know what else to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Very sick puppy very sick [ 12 Answers ]

I know I have been reading on this site and others and before I go any further I know my pup needs a doctor. I can not afford one at all right now and they won't make a payment plan with me because I have horrible credit. I have an 8 months old black lab that I was given for free or they were...

My 1yr old puppy is sick, vomiting.not worms, sick only in morning. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello:) I am new here.. My 1yr old pup, Gracie, is a house dog, she is 1/2 Pomeranian & 1/2 Min. Doberman. For the last few days she has been vomiting in the morning, that is the only time she does. We are very careful what she eats & as we live in town, she stays indoor.. even to void. She is...

Fish are dying. Again in fish tank. [ 3 Answers ]

Ph is high in this, the second try. All my fish died a few weeks ago, over night. Cleaned out tank and have introduced a few new fish. Now they have began to die. The ph is high, and I am trying to bring it down using peat moss this time. I have a coral rock in the tank. Could this be a problem...

The # of fish a fish tank can hold. [ 3 Answers ]

The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?

Beta fish sick [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Buddah3, my office mate of 3 years, is sick. He had "pop eye" in one eye so I moved him into a new bowl and used mardel trisulfa - his "pop eye" went away. But he has not eaten since (3 weeks or so). He was hungery but could not get food in his mouth. It was as if he needed glasses...

View more questions Search