Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cintron Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 03:18 PM
    Half sister I never knew and have always wanted to find
    Hi,
    When I was 14 my dad asked me to put some boxes away in the attic where we had just moved to and while I was there I started snooping in the boxes and found a very nice picture of me when I was around 3, or so I thought, except the date at the bottom was 1969. So I asked about this little girl and he said that she was his first daughter, his name is Dennis R. Cintron, he was married to Luisa Victoria P. and he says her name was Cindy Cintron (could be Cynthia, or some spelling like that). He didn't speak to her again after the divorce, I know where they lived, I know what she looked like when she was 3, but I think the ex-wife remarried and the new husband adopted her. Since I believe she must've gotton married, she has once again changed her name. My dad lived in Maryland in that time.

So what can I do with all this info? How can I find her? Do you think she'll want me to look for her? Ever since I saw her picture I think about her at least once a month for the past 10 years. It's so bizarre having a half-sister that you've never met and you want to have that family bond with :') So any ideas would be great.

Please don't send me to those paid sites cause half the time they don't work. Thanks and enjoy the World Cup!
    ellen0 Posts: 18, Reputation: -4

Jun 12, 2010, 03:28 PM

You have to get his ex's last name and work from there. If your half siister kept her last name it will be easier (a lot) but you can go on Face Book and look up almost anyone. I found some people on there. Just be creative in your search. If you pay an agency you only have a 50% chance and they charge you a lot of money.
    InvestigatorBarnes Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 12, 2010, 10:47 PM

Whenever I start a search for someone I always start with the last concrete fact and then go forward, so in this case I would want to know what was the last address known for the mother of the child, which it does sound like you have. Get the maiden name of the mother and now go to the county website of that address and look up marriage and even divorce records for the mom. You will probably find the name of the new dad. It also may list a newer address to work from. It will give you a possible new name for your sister.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2010, 08:18 PM

It's hard to be sure, but I bet your sister would be happy and intrigued to hear from you.

Good luck!
    Mary43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 06:08 AM
    Mr./Ms. Cintron: We have similar wishes in our search for someone. I've been searching for lost classmates for my high school and have been looking for Dennis R. Cintron for several months, and from your post, he's your father. I'm a classmate of his from our high school in Virginia and we lost contact with him after our 40th reunion. All searches confirm our last known address, but mail is returned as undeliverable and the phone number now belongs to someone else. If possible, could you ask him to please let someone from the Reunion Committee (via website) know how they may contact him. It would mean so much to us!
    Lvdias Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2010, 09:44 PM
    Hi my name is Lisa Dias, formerly Lisa Cintron and my older sister is Cindy, the half sister you are referring to. My mom was married to Dennis until I was 3 years old. I was randomly googling my biological father's name and found your post. Crazy! My email address is [email protected] if you want to get in touch. Please identify yourself in the subject so I don't delete as spam! I will let my sister know as well! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Lisa

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find my half sister? [ 8 Answers ]

My name is Michelle Sealey and I have a sister Melissa Sealey. I am 30 and she is 33. My father Loomis Sealey passed away on June 16 2009. We have known that we have a half sister for a few years. We tried to get information from him over the last few years but all he could tell us was he thought...

How do I find my half sister? [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find my half sister who was born on fort wayne, ind at the lutheran hospital on sept 8, 1965. She was given up for adoption to the lutheran social services right after her birth.

How to find a half sister [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for my half sisters born to Robert Lorenzo Kline Jr sometime in the 1950's probably.

How do I find my half sister? [ 4 Answers ]

My birth mother had another child and she was also submitted into foster care. I am now adopted, but I was hoping to find her and adopt her into MY family. Does anyone know a way to go about doing this?:confused:

How do you tell someone about a half sister they never knew about? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone, So my boyfriend found out last June about a half sister who is 2 years older than him that he never knew about. They started hanging out and now have a good relationship. My bf's sister who is 3 years younger than him doesn't know about her yet. The dad never told either kids...

View more questions Search