Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theresa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2003, 06:33 PM
    93 Honda Del Sol maintenance 90,000
    Honda Del sol 93 - maintenance 90,000

Please let me know what items are necessary:

1. replace timing belt, they also want to replace water pump and add new drive belts - do I need to do all 3? (fee 550)

2. Valve clearance - I have heard that you can forget this unless you hear a rattle or rough idle - correct?

3. spark plugs (26). Replace transmission fluid (45) - this seems reasonable to do.

4. brake fluid - I have heard you NEVER need to do this
    - correct?

5. "Steering, suspension - is there anything to do?

6. Car shop wants to charge $155 to do spark plugs and "check over car" - I am thinking just get the plugs changed for 26.00 and during a normal oil change they look at the below items -- does this seem reasonable? OR should I have some of these "inspect" items checked?
    Honda book says to inspect fuel pipes, hoses & connections, alternator drive belt, cooling system hoses & connections, water pump, exhaust pipe (before and after catalytic converter), steering, suspension.

Thanks
    dominospoon Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by theresa
    Honda Del sol 93 - maintenance 90,000

Please let me know what items are necessary:

1. replace timing belt, they also want to replace water pump and add new drive belts - do I need to do all 3? (fee 550)

2. Valve clearance - I have heard that you can forget this unless you hear a rattle or rough idle - correct?

3. spark plugs (26). replace transmission fluid (45) - this seems reasonable to do.

4. brake fluid - I have heard you NEVER need to do this
    - correct?

5. "Steering, suspension - is there anything to do?

6. Car shop wants to charge $155 to do spark plugs and "check over car" - I am thinking just get the plugs changed for 26.00 and during a normal oil change they look at the below items -- does this seem reasonable? OR should I have some of these "inspect" items checked?
    Honda book says to inspect fuel pipes, hoses & connections, alternator drive belt, cooling system hoses & connections, water pump, exhaust pipe (before and after catalytic converter), steering, suspension.

Thanks
    I would replace the timing belt and water pump, along with plugs, wires, and trans fluid, etc. forget the brake fluid (unless it's gummy) and forget the valve clearance, the drive belts ( alt, ps, etc) are so easy to change if they need it that I would put that off, nothing really to do on steering and suspension, but not a bad idea to have everything looked over, but I'd say find a new shop if they wanted to change your brake fluid. Ohh, and have a coolant flush done (not just drain and fill an actuall flush) if you're exhaust was damaged, you'd know it (it'd be loud) so forget it. Hope this helps
    tiffanyweekly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 10:05 AM
    How do I replace the timeing belt?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2010, 02:21 PM

tiffanyweekly, take it Honda and have it done right. Many people try doing on their own but do not succeed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows xp maintenance [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know which maintenance programs should be run periodically to keep Windows XP running smoothly. Thank You, Frank S

Recommended Air Conditioner Maintenance [ 4 Answers ]

1. Ensure outdoor condenser unit is level in both directions. 2. Pour 8 parts water to 1 part bleach down the evaporator coil drain pipe 4 times per year, to prevent mold from developing. 3. Replace air filter monthly. This prevents dust buildup on the evaporator coils, which interferes with...

Air Conditioning Maintenance [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Forum, How do I get to remove fine cement dust, caked on evaporator coil, off the coils - without damagingthe fins - in order to improve heat exchange. My air conditioner is located in a cement production environment. During its operation, cement dust settles on the coils and starts to...

Trespassing and maintenance [ 8 Answers ]

Since some laws are different depending on where you live, I'll start by saying that I currently live in Baltimore County, MD. My question is if a maintenance worker lets himself into my apartment to find out if I'm home because he saw someone knocking on my door, is this considered trespassing? ...

Maintenance Woes [ 2 Answers ]

For the past two weeks I have turned in both written and verbal maintenance requests for two different problems. Problem 1: the kitchen sink will take 3 days for it to drain half a sinkfull of water, and even then, as one side drains, more comes back into the other side Problem 2: ...

View more questions Search