Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cnadaceangel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 09:08 PM
    How can I get my hair to shine nicely? It always comes out dry within a week
    Ok soooo my hair refuses to shine. And when I blowdry it no matter when it always seems to look different then all of my friend's hair. It's so irritating. I've tried everything. I use shine serum , but it makes it greasy, I even tried towel drying. And its like , when my hair is wet with shampoo it feels so healthy. :S But when I blowdry it I get split ends . My hair is straight. It is somewhat thick , its short... here's something you probably can't answer.. whenever I dye my hair.. the hair dresser always says it looks healthy? Even when I buy the bottle dye , it always seems to look healthy.. and shiny.. unbelievably shiny!! Never dry:S but after a week or so , it gets the same as it always does. Dried up and gross. HELP. I need professional hair advice. Plus.. I'm considering bleaching my hair tomorrow.. . my hair is like orangish red.. all the tips I've given my friends have worked. But somehow they never seem to work out for ME!. seriously. I need help . :confused:
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Feb 19, 2008, 10:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cnadaceangel
    Ok soooo my hair refuses to shine. and when i blowdry it no matter when it always seems to look different then all of my friend's hair. It's so irritating. I've tried everything. I use shine serum , but it makes it greasy, I even tried towel drying. and its like , when my hair is wet with shampoo it feels so healthy. :S But when i blowdry it i get split ends . my hair is straight. It is somewhat thick , its short ... heres something you probably can't answer.. whenever i dye my hair.. the hair dresser always says it looks healthy? even when i buy the bottle dye , it always seems to look healthy.. and shiny .. unbelievably shiny!!! never dry:S but after a week or so , it gets the same as it always does. dried up and gross. HELP. i need professional hair advice. Plus.. i'm considering bleaching my hair tomorrow. ..my hair is like orangish red.. all the tips i've given my friends have worked. but somehow they never seem to work out for ME! .. seriously. i need help . :confused:

Sounds to me your hair follicles are stripped from blowdrying, and chemicals, I would recommend to refrain from blowdrying as often and if you want to dry your hair get a roller set, where you sit under a heated dryer, that uses ionic heat. Have you tried biosilk products? See if you can Google it, it is a very good serum that isn't greasy and helps maintain shine... I would also slow down with the chemicals, certain hair types don't take chemicals to well, and causes damaging to the hair and follicles... also your diet has a lot to do with your hair, what your eating... Perhaps switch your shampoo as well, try those biosilk products I mentioned...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dry and frizzy hair from leaving hair coloring on too long. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I usually color my hair every four weeks to cover up the gray. I use the same color " medium copper brown" which is a little lighter than my natural color. The last time I colored my hair, I left it on for too long, almost an hour, I was talking on the telephone and didn't notice the...

LG shine is it any good [ 1 Answers ]

Buying new cell phone. Is LG shine any good? The reviews seem to say it is a good phone.

Dry curly hair [ 1 Answers ]

I have dry & curly hair suggest me a hair style I want to keep long hair

Dry and rough hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hi:) I'm really sick of my rough and dry hair got them rebounded bt they are the same again... wat do I do?? :(

View more questions Search