Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeans21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2010, 09:33 PM
    A company ceases to exist if one of its owners should die?
    A company ceases to exist if one of its owners should die. Is this true or false. Explain your answer.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2010, 12:53 AM

This sounds like homework. We do not just answer homework for you. Please tell us what you think the answer is and we can let you know if you're correct.

However, it kind of needs a condition, because the answer is different depending if it's a corporation or not. The word "owner" might imply non-corporation, but not really, because corporations can be one-person. And many textbooks start with one-owner corporations.
    jeans21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2010, 09:16 AM
    Well no its not home work, its past papers that I am doing on my own in preparations for exam... anyway well I know that in a partnership if one of the owners die the partnership would cease to exist and therefor the company ceases to exist under that name however a new partnership can be formed. But I am not so sure about a company in general.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2010, 07:49 PM

In a corporation if one onwer dies the company continues to operate.

In a single owner company if the owner dies then the company would cease to exist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A movie where teenagers are playing a video game and if they die in the game they die [ 3 Answers ]

A movie about teenagers that are playing a video gane and when they die in the game they die in real life.

Mortgage company wants to hold home owners insurance payment in escow. [ 1 Answers ]

I had a tree damage the roof or my home and cause over $37K in damages. My mortgage company want to hold the payment in escow and issue me the money after I supply receipts. I am current on my payments. Is this legal?

View more questions Search