Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shalana6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2010, 02:52 PM
    Oklahoma foreclosure laws for tenets
    I am renting a house that is in foreclosure the landlord has 35 rent houses and letting the all go I know I still have to pay rent until the day she loses it at the sheriff sale but how do I go about getting my deposit back
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 27, 2010, 03:36 PM

You ask the landlord for it, and if they don't, you sue them.

Of course if they have no money, even if you win, it is very possible that you will never see it.

You may ask the landlord if you can apply it to your last month rent
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 27, 2010, 04:46 PM

I sort of recall something about residential tenants having the right to continue occupying in cases of foreclosure. I don't remember the details ATM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leasing laws in Oklahoma [ 5 Answers ]

Our lease/purchase ended and we couldn't obtain a loan. The landlord kept our deposit for "breech of contract" and raised our rent 20% with no notice in October. I advised him we could not afford it and would have to move. I told him in December that we would be out in January which we are. I want...

Curent tenets will not move [ 6 Answers ]

We looked at a duplex on July 22nd and put a 500 deposit down and signed a lease to start on Aug. 1st. We were informed the current tenets had given written notice they would be out by July 31st as they were already 2 months behind on there rent (june and July) We scheduled a uhaul for the 1st and...

Foreclosure laws [ 1 Answers ]

My daughters house was foreclosed on, she was told she had to sell the house or be out By May 5. by a judge, in the Pinellas county court system. In the meantime, the company that held her loan, sold the note to another company that called my daughter to find out about payments. Is the house...

Foreclosure laws? [ 1 Answers ]

My sister and bought a home together in Florida as investment and now to make a long story short, we can not afford it Currently I am still living there waiting for the foreclosure process to take place. It has been 6 months and I have yet to be served paperwork yet. Due to all this, my sister and...

View more questions Search