Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ladybug66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Grass for sun and shade
    Seeking advice for best type of grass for my front lawn. Half is in sun and half is very shady. Planted St. Augustine and it just didn't work for me. Tried to save it but now it looks pitiful:eek: I live in Zone 9.

Thanks a bunch!
    Ladybug66
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 30, 2007, 03:46 PM
    I have a large lot in shade and sun, shaded with some very big maples. I gave up on prescribed brands, and even having them mixed, and just buy the regular grass seed now, sort of a general all around brand in bulk and throw it around in the spring when it gets really warm and water well. Works good for me !
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 30, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Ladybug... after posting your name reminded me of the time I bought many many ladybugs in a burlap bag to let loose in my garden to eat affids. They did a great job, but my neighbours couldn't figure out why they had so many ladybugs harboring in their kitchens come winter!

Just a little funny story,but they are useful in many ways, even indoors to keep 'unseen' insects off indoor plants.

Thanks for the memory, ladybug.

Peace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change shade of dyed hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I do really need a good advice how to get rid of orange shade of my dyed hair. My natural haircolor is dark ash blond and I wanted to get light ash blond so I bought a color at a store that said "extra ash blond", expecting nice white sandy blond. But!! I am light orange! :eek: I went to...

How to avoid red/orange shade? [ 2 Answers ]

I have natural black asian hair. I had never dye my hair before and I want to dye it CHOCOLATE BROWN. But I had seen many people with black asian hair that intend to dye their hair BROWN and end up reddish/orange brown. I want to dye my hair at home as the salons are too costly. So...

Ingrown hair and dark shade [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I shave the hair keep growing down to my neck and I really hate that I'm 23 looking like 28 this ingrown hair and that's when the dark shade comes I'm light brown and its very noticeable major help please thank you

View more questions Search