Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmbjbb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 03:42 PM
    Self Life of these 8 wines
    My wife and I received 8 bottles of wine for our wedding gift and I would like to open one each year on our Anniversary but we're afraid they won't last. Could someone tell me the shelf life of the wines below when kept in a dark place with a temp of roughly 65F?

2005 Vendemmia - MASI campofiorin - Ripasso Nectar Angelorum Hominibus

2004 Valpolicella - Denominazione di origine controllata CLASSICO Nicolis

2005 Amarone della Valpolicella -Denominazione di origine controllata CLASSICO Bolla

Gold Label RUGGERI & C. - valdobbiadene prosecco extra dry D.O.C.

2006 PAGGIO Delle Venezie Pinot Grigio

2006 Borgo Magredo Friuli -Denominazione di origine controllata - Grave Pinot Nero

2006 Lugana -Denominazione di origine controllata - San Benedetto - Zenato

2001 Zonchera - Denominazione di origine controllata e garantita - Barolo Zonchera bottled by Ceretto in Alba

Thanks
    Jay
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jan 4, 2009, 04:25 PM

Hello dmbjbb : congrats with your wedding.

I do not know any of these specific wines.

In very general : shelf life of wines :

Red wines can be kept for many years. Most of the better wines improve with age.
    Rose wines can be kept for a couple of years.
    White wines are better consumed within the first few years.

Here is a LINK to a website with advice on keeping wines !

Success !

:)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 04:25 PM

Some of the wines you mention are already passed their prime. What year did you get married ?

The Valipolecella should have been consumed a long time ago.
    dmbjbb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 04:29 PM

We were married in OCT 08 and the wines were originally wines that we had tasted on Feb 1st 08 from a tasting at North Hampton Wines Greenville Sc

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

Need info re: wines given to me [ 1 Answers ]

Received 2 bottles of wine and can't find much info on them. When should they be enjoyed and how much would they cost to replace? Mercurey La Framboisiere Faiveley 2000 Rioja Vina Pomal Bodegas Bilbainas 1997

I lost the love of my life, my life doesn't make sense anymore [ 4 Answers ]

I lost mybestfriend and love of my life 2 weeks ago and I don't understand my lifes purpose anymore, we had a connection so strong this doesn't make sense, everything I did in my over the past 22 years was for me however the constant knowing we would be together, we had 3 years to go before...

Are any of these wines sweet and fruity? [ 1 Answers ]

NV Coldstones Sparkling 2004 Wolf Blass Bilyara Chardonnay - Barossa, South Aus 2004 Ingoldby Chardonnay - McLaren Vale, South Aus 2004 Peter Lehman Chardonay 2003 De Bortoli Yarra Valley Chardonnay - Victoria 2004 Mad Fish Sauvignon Blanc - Margaret River, West Aus 2004 Cartwheel Sauvignon...

Italian wines? [ 2 Answers ]

We are having a dinner party with a few friends. The theme is Italian dishes. The catch is that we need to bring a wine or drink that goes along with the theme. We do not drink a lot of wine, therefore, do not know anything about them. We don't want to spend a lot of money, so would like some ideas...

View more questions Search