Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    friendlyrussian Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 06:08 PM
    I'm 14 years old and abuse alcohol very often, my parents don't know about this.
    What do you think I should do? My parents keep alcohol in the pantry which is not hard for me to access, and of course they wonder where all their alcohol goes... they don't suspect it's me, they would never go to think I'd do a thing like that. They think it's my older brother drinking but I know for certain it's not him, I don't want him blamed for something I did! How should I break it to them without hurting their feelings? Or should I keep it to myself?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 2, 2011, 06:13 PM

Please tell them, not only so your brother doesn't get into trouble, but also to get yourself some serious help. You are on a very dark road that will lead to tragedy if you don't tell your parents and get into a 12-step program.

I don't think you will "hurt their feelings."
    friendlyrussian Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 06:32 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    All right, if you insist... I will have to swallow some confidence before I do so. :-) I will tell them soon I promise..
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 2, 2011, 07:16 PM

No, you don't want to swallow any confidence. You want to bite it off and chew on it so it will make you strong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anti Abuse Alcohol [ 7 Answers ]

How do I obtain the "anti abuse" medication for alcohol? Thanks.

Why do parents abuse their own child [ 0 Answers ]

Its so stupid to abuse your own child. Click on the link below it will make you cry it makes me cry every time I watch it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtNYA4pAGjI&ob=av2e

Can a 16 year old decide not to live with his parents due to mental abuse? [ 11 Answers ]

I had a family staying with me for 7 months there son wanted to stay till he turns 18 because he wants to stay near his high school and friends,His mom said yes now a few weeks later she changed her mind and is telling him she would rather see him in a foster home or in jail then with me and my...

How can I recover from years of emotional abuse? [ 3 Answers ]

This is the second time I've typed this message because when I previewed my first email, I lost it, so this version will probably be shorter than the first because I'm emotionally drained now. I have been married for many many years and suffer from what I consider emotional abuse. My marriage...

View more questions Search